PCM is one of the fastest-growing value added direct marketers of technology solutions for business, government and educational institutions as well as consumers. We’ve built an environment that is fast-paced, growing and continually changing with the needs of industry. Our rapid growth and expansion has created numerous career and advancement opportunities.
Providing IT solutions nationally since 1987, PCM, Inc. is an industry recognized, publicly traded, value-added direct marketer of technology products, services and solutions to businesses, government, education, and individual consumers. Fully accredited and authorized by major manufacturers including HP, Apple, Cisco, Microsoft, Dell, and 1500 others, PCM offers product and service solutions through field sales, call center, and eCommerce venues. With annual sales of $1.5B+ , 3000 employees and over 400,000 products available, PCM delights in serving small, medium and enterprise level businesses.
PCM is an exciting and rewarding place to work.
PCM's Professional Services Organization has an immediate opening for an experienced Technical Project Manager. The candidate must be familiar with general Data Center and Microsoft Technologies and be able to perform general Project Management duties, including task management, status report generation, issue tracking, and stakeholder communication, for several simultaneous projects. The candidate must be able to learn and follow PCM's Project Management Methodology and work independently with minimal supervision.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Managing assigned projects using PCM’s PMO methodology, tools, and templates
- Coordinating the efforts of the project team (account managers, practice managers, resource managers, pre- and post-sales engineers, client representatives) – drive the team toward a successful project completion
- Creating and maintaining project schedules, status reports, action item logs, and issue logs
- Facilitating both internal and customer facing meetings; submit meeting minutes and track action items to completion
- Ensure quality project standards are met as prescribed by IT Services through the effective implementation or use of approved processes, methodologies and deliverables
- Understanding how and when to escalate project issues
- Managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Providing weekly forecast information for assigned projects
- Maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Communicate effectively with customers, project team and management
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline; or equivalent work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in data center components (networks, storage, virtualization, servers, power) and/or Microsoft enterprise technology products
- 5 or more years’ experience managing infrastructure projects, preferably as part of a VAR and/or Professional Services organization
- 5 or more years’ experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experiencemanaging IT projects with personal accountability for delivering on time and within budget for large, complex projects varying from 3 to 18months in duration
- Experienceforecasting project revenue and facilitating service billing for assigned projects
- Analytical and problem solving skills needed to manage multiple factors on a project simultaneously
- Strong team working skills across client, supplier and geographically dispersed virtual teams
- Leader in the use of IT methodologies, processes and standards for project management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- ITIL Foundation and/or PMP certification preferred
- Detail oriented
- Ability to travel occasionally
Requisition ID 2017-2028