We are looking for ??IT Project manager for our client in Raleigh, NC
Job Title: ??IT Project manager
Job Location: Raleigh, NC
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
Job Summary :
- This lead project management role will coordinate the procurement process and then work with the selected vendor to complete implementation of the project.
- This position will manage the day to day activities for the project and complete all input to the Project Management (Touchdown) system.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- authoring all project management artifacts following the practices and guidelines from the PMI?s PMBOK, developing the detailed project budget, requirements definitions, monitoring expenditures, developing and maintaining all required project documentation, serving as an IT management liaison to the business client, leading and performing hands-on analysis of the business and technical environments, supervising implementation activities, ensuring that project plans and schedules are established and maintained, ensuring that deliverables are completed timely and accurately, supervising staff (Permanent and contractual staff), conducting formal presentations, coordinating with all project stakeholders and ensure that appropriate project controls are instituted.
- The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a very strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, and business program resources to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations.
- The selected candidate must be a results-oriented individual with a strong work ethic and must be able to demonstrate excellent IT Project Management, negotiation, communication and problem-solving skills.
- This position will be responsible for working with senior-level business executives, IT personnel, Subject Matter Experts, Partners, Retailers, and vendors to execute project requirements and manage stakeholder expectations.
- This candidate must possess strong written and oral communication skills.
- The position will be responsible for writing Advanced Planning Documents, Requests for Proposals, and contractlanguage
- The position is based in Raleigh, some travel may be required in performance of the work.
Description (including, but not limited to):
- Responsible for the successful completion of end to end project work, including all work products
- Oversight of project activities comprised of multiple deliverables, including delegation and coordination of tasks
- Responsible for creation and management of the project plan along with related project artifacts and activities including but not limited to project status, meetings, scope changes, risk and issue tracking/mitigation, coordination across project teams, etc.
- Negotiations internal and external to the project teams
- Managing scope, resources, timelines, costs/budget, quality, communication, and procurements to meet the goals of the State.