PCG seeks a Project Manager (PM) with public sector health and/or human services expertise to support our team working in the planning and implementation of Integrated Eligibility Systems (IES) for state and local agencies. The role requires onsite client presence during normal workhours, which could require temporary relocation or extensive weekly travel to states in the Eastern United States.
This IES IT PM will be responsible for:
- Developing and validating Business Process Models and Requirements gathering, including managing requirements traceability and testing.
- Facilitating and documenting system configuration sessions, including updates to eligibility business rules.
- Evaluating alternative solutions and making recommendations.
- Managing system design lifecycle processes.
- Managing Organizational Change Management for the client, including Training, Communications, and KPI establishment.
- Liaising with the client, system product vendors, and the various system program governance bodies.
The PM provides leadership, organization and coordination to support these program activities. The PM will plan and monitor the activities to meet strict deadlines and quality controls. The PM is responsible for ensuring best practices and standards for these activities, and to promote a culture of continuous process improvement.
The role requires superb communication, analytical and entrepreneurial skills typical of a strong PM. The PM must understand the technical aspects of the software development lifecycle and have strong attention to detail to schedule tasks within lifecycle milestones.
- Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Conduct project post mortems and create a recommendations report in order to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develop best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Demonstrated leadership of project teams to successful completion of a project, encouraging collaboration, promoting the flow of information among all participants, and providing clear direction on how to meet project goals.
- Strong familiarity with project management disciplines and tools, especially as they relate to IT development/deployment for Enterprise software – MS Project expertise is preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements for deploying systems in state government departments preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to forge strong business relationships and create "buy in".
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Reacts to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Excellent communication skills, excellent writing skills, as well as problem solving and brainstorming skills
- Adept at conducting research into project-related issues and products.
- Able to learn, understand, and apply new technologies.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Ability to effectively participate in training sessions, presentations, and meetings.
- Bachelor in Science or equivalent undergraduate degree in management, technology or other related fields. Masters Degree is a plus.
- 10+ years of technical project management in a consulting/deployment environment, including 5+ years related to integrated eligibility.
- Certification in project management preferred.
- Experience managing large System Integrators as well as Commercial Off the Shelf solutions is a plus.
- A proven track record of on-time delivery of project and products.
- Strong familiarity with project management and software development lifecycle methodologies.
- Overtime may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Significant travel (80% - 100%) or relocation may be required.
- Alternate locations will be considered for the right candidate.