The Technology Project Manager, Product & Software Development is responsible for planning, coordinating, and managing multiple, concurrent, large and small projects that involve cross-functional representation from departments within the organization and will be ultimately accountable for the on-time delivery of projects.
Projects will include building new or enhanced products with the Product Management and Software Development teams and key business stakeholders. This position is responsible for the project’s oversight throughout all phases on the project lifecycle, to include initiation, project definition, scope, analysis, requirements definition, design, development, testing and implementation. The Project Manager is expected to be familiar with scope and project objectives and will be responsible for assembling the project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resource needed, and developing a schedule to ensure timely completion of project.
The Project Manager also manages interdepartmental relationships with internal and external business customers at various management levels to include executive leadership. This position will report to, and take direction from, the Technology Program Management Office (PMO); however, must be able to work independently. The Project Manager will be expected to work with a cross-functional team and therefore, the successful individual in this role will need to establish excellent working relationships with HireRight colleagues and be able to collaborate cross-functionally within the business. This position also manages inter-departmental relationships with internal and external business customers at various management levels.
- Apply proven project management methodologies (both traditional/waterfall and agile/scrum) to coordinate all planning, development, testing, documentation, and implementation activities.
- Develop project management deliverables, including project charter, scope, requirements, design, plans, issue tracking and status reports.
- Proactively define and monitor project issues and risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Revise project work plans as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
- Manage project resources located across North America, EMEA and APAC and develop timelines and budgets, etc. to ensure the project is delivered on-time and on-budget and meets quality standards.
- Track progress of the projects and deliverables and regularly report status to project team and internal and external customers.
- Provide direction and guidance to project teams, comprised of HireRight personnel, consultants, and on occasion, HireRight clients, to plan and execute their work and to identify and resolve issues.
- Enforce project deadlines and schedules.
- Understand the necessity of project standards and apply them consistently.
- Develop meeting objectives and agendas and facilitate meetings.
- Ensure project documents are complete, current, and stored appropriately.
- Effectively present, orally and in writing, proposals, progress reports and recommendations to the highest levels in the organization.
- Facilitate post-project “lessons learned” sessions.
- Prioritize multiple tasks effectively.
- Manage multiple projects and priorities at one time.
- Support valuable solutions and ensure projects are ordered considering priorities; provide support and guidance to sponsors.
- Work closely with the Product Managers to ensure that the Minimum Viable Product (MVP) is clear and understood by all Project Teams.
- Ensure that the teams will breakdown projects into features and features to stories.
- Manages scope changes and acts as an escalation point for all projects.
- Work with Operations Management and Go to Market teams to ensure that features are properly scheduled and aligned with the go to market schedule.
- Demonstrate measurable progress by facilitating demonstration of integrated features.
- Create and maintain visual information radiators and team/project metrics that demonstrate measurable progress toward KPIs and delivery of planned work.
- Assist in the development of business cases, initiatives, features, stories or other requirement documents.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multiple projects and scope.
- Effectively apply best practice methodology, inspect, adapt and enforce standards.
- Actively contribute to the development of the Project Management Methodology within the Technology Program Management Office (PMO).
- 5+ years proven and successful experience in a project management role
- Experience with working within waterfall and/or agile methodologies
- Prior experience in leading cross-functional projects and coordination (marketing, production, application deIT, customer service, etc.) following Agile and Traditional/Hybrid project delivery methods (Scrum, Kanban, Plan-driven).
- Experience as a Scrum Master effectively leading and coaching teams in Agile fashions
- Experience in managing multi-team programs following scaled-Agile approaches such as the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe), Disciplined Agile, Development (DAD), or other Agile, Scrum or other iterative frameworks at-scale
- Former work experience in Software Development, or other technical area of expertise preferred
- Strong understanding of web site design, user interface design principles, usability
- testing, and web site technologies preferred
- Knowledge of Project Management principles, methods and techniques
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Fundamental understanding of Release and Configuration Management
- Proficient in utilizing computer systems, with significant experience in Microsoft Office Products including Word, Excel, Access, Project, PowerPoint, and Visio as well as Internet technologies
- Good knowledge of tools such as Jira, Version One, MS Project, Rally or Grasshopper
- Understanding of web services, API’s, and associated interchange formats
- Technical background in software development frameworks and SAAS environment preferred
- Knowledge of relational databases (SQL, PL/SQL) a plus
BS in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field required