Vanguard’sSecurity Service team within GlobalTechnology Operations (GTO) is seeking a project manager to lead the effort to actively manage the remediation ofsecurity vulnerabilities identify by Qualys. Thesesecurityvulnerabilities impact a diverse set of platforms supported by GTO.
Preferred candidates will have a security background and some level of engineering experience in network, Windows O/S, and or Linux O/S.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides senior level IT project management for software, middleware, or hardware deliverables. Manages medium or small projects. Uses IT’s project management standards to deliver projects on time, within budget, and with agreed upon functionality and quality to internal client.
- Develops, implements, and monitors technical project plans. Identifies deliverables, milestones, and tasks for the project(s). Interviews team members for estimates. Updates schedule in IT Project database. Plans and integrates schedule, resources, and deliverables with IT departments and vendors.
- Communicates with internal client, team members, management, and IT partners to ensure requirements and priorities are understood. Monitors project progress, and distributes reports to management and client.
- Develops strong relationships with client. Meets with client to advise on resources, budget, and deliverables. Helps client write document deliverables and coordinates efforts of team members helping to write client deliverables.
- Indirectly manages team members. Works with resource/department manager to ensure adequate resources are in place. Ensures team submits time sheets and status reports.
- Leads and facilitates design and test inspections throughout development life cycle to identify issues. Leads and facilitates other project meetings, such as those with internal clients.
- Maintains current knowledge of IT development methodology, architecture, and related standards. Advocates and ensures usage of new standards by team members.
- Responds to and resolves development issues in a timely manner. Identifies potential solutions, including the cost/benefit of each option. Reviews complex technical issues with technical lead.
- Ensures team complies with IT policies and procedures, especially those for quality and productivity standards that enable the team to meet established client service levels. Ensures team complies with Information Security policies and procedures, and ensures deliverables meet Information Security requirements.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Undergraduatedegree in a related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience
- Five years experience in either network engineering (Operations or Infrastructure) or platform securityexperiencerequired.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analysis and problem solving skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Knowledge of the financial services industry
- Advanced knowledge of the following IT project management practices and concepts:
*Agile software development
*Kanban, lean and waterfall principles
*Full product life cycle
*Systems analysis and design techniques
*Quality assurance methodology and Inspections
*Technical standards and deliverables
*Estimating, including design, development/purchase, and installation
*Thoroughly scoped functional requirements and documentation deliverables
**Vanguard is not offering visa sponsorship for this position**