The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize projects, and to insure they are delivered on time and on budget. This includes establishing and managing effective business relationships; coordinating the efforts of all project team members across multiple departments and effectively communicating milestones and deliverables to all stakeholders.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Direct and manage projects from beginning to end.
• Define project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
• Develop full-scale project plans and associated communications documents.
• Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
• Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
• Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
• Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
• Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate team members.
• Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
• Identify and manage project dependencies and critical path.
• Plan and schedule project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
• Track project milestones and deliverables.
• Develop and deliver progress reports, requirements documentation, and presentations.
• Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyze results, and troubleshoot problem areas.
• Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
• Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
• Minimum of three plus years project managementexperience or an equivalent combination of project managementexperience, development or product management experience.
• Strong written and interpersonal communication skills including the ability to communicate between technical and non-technical personnel.
• Candidate must be able to work unsupervised; have the ability to prioritize tasks; be logical, organized and work well with others in a stressful support environment.
• Candidate must be able to manage timely, effective response to customer needs and effectively communicate project status as requested and required.
• Exceptional communication skills and proven experience in writing clear and concise functional specification documents (samples preferred).
• Ability to conscientiously manage and follow up on multiple concurrent tasks, requests and projects on tight deadlines.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Extreme attention to detail.
• Proven experience with project management procedures and methodology, especially requirements management and schedule management.
• Capability to analyze data using advanced Excel functionality.
• College degree in related field
• PMP and LeanSix Sigma a bonus
The NPD Group, Inc. is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.