About Superior Energy Services
Superior Energy Services is a leading provider of specialized oilfield services and equipment, focused on serving the drilling and production-related needs of oil and gas companies as well as the plug and abandonment and decommissioning services required at the end of a well's life. The world's energy producers rely on us for the services, tools, equipment and exceptionally trained personnel needed to enhance and maintain the production of oil and gas wells. We play a vital role in all phases of a well's lifecycle — drilling, rentals, production and decommissioning.
About Superior Energy Services Information Technology Group
Superior Energy Services Information Technology Group is the information systems backbone for Superior Energy Services Corporate and all of its subsidiaries including LATAM, EMEA and AsiaPac regions. The group is dedicated to assist the corporation with strategic goals and direction by supporting its internal clients with excellent service for hardware, software and data delivery. The Direction and Goals for the group are to deliver effective and efficient service to support and assist the ever changing environment within this dynamic and exciting industry.
This position is a vital part of the ERP & BI team working alongside PMO in initiating, executing and closing out all Business systems projects on time and within budget. This highly skilled professional will be responsible for all Business systems projects such as new ERP implementations, ERP Upgrades, and BI implementation & enhancements.
- Primary responsibility of the Project Manager, under supervision of ERP program manager, is to co-manage a multi-year, multi-million dollar ERP Implementation program (Dynamics 365 Enterprise for operations) with a consulting project manager. ERP program comprises of several sub-projects/waves for global deployments spanning multiple business teams, and involve migration activities from legacy ERPs
- Participate in all onsite workshops & keep process leads on track to build the overall back office processes for superior such as procure to pay, order to cash, project accounting, base financials, MFG etc.,
- Manage, follow up and close out all project action items, decisions logs and sign-offs on time.
- Keep a close tab on scope creep & gold plating
- Assist the program manager foreseeing any scheduling or budget overruns
- Keep a finger on the pulse of the project by tracking any risks, issues that might delay the schedule, increase the costs or decrease the quality of the final product
- In partnership with consulting PM, build out detail schedule by factoring in core team’s PTO and holiday calendar.
- Ensure SOX & internal audit documentation is in place for the project
- Develop and maintain key project management artifacts (i.e., project scope, requirement documents, project resource plans, issue logs, change logs, project documentation, risk mitigation plans, and migration plans)
- Track & Approve external resources hours/costs against the overall project
- Manage project activities across the entire project life cycle on time and within budget with acceptable quality
- Hold weekly checkpoint calls & other calls as needed to keep the team on track with their tasks & action items
- Prepare and communicate regular project status reports to project board
- Carry out additional duties as may occur from time to time as instructed and agreed by senior leadership team
- Develop and gain sponsor approval and signoff of the project documents as per the IT governance policy
- Minimum 10+ years of ERP and Project Management experience
- Minimum 3+ years of Dynamics ERP project management experience
- Minimum 3+ years of Dynamics AX functional experience
- Experience in using waterfall, iterative and agile project management methodologies
- Project management Professional designation (PMP) Certification strongly preferred
- Excellent customer service skills with the ability to interact with different levels of internal customers
- Ability to manage multiple projects in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Technical understanding of ERP systems and their underlying architecture including operational modules such as manufacturing, rental management, supply chain, sales orders, field ticketing
- Team player; Able to work effectively with Corporate ERP and regional IT teams
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to balance multiple demands and thrive in a collaborative environment
- Working knowledge of planning and execution of data conversion and integration processes as part of a Dynamics AX deployment
- Strong knowledge of basic finance daily and month end procedures
- General knowledge of accounting principles and their flow in AX
- Ability to defuse tension among project team, should it arise
- Must be possess Intermediate to Advanced skills in the use of Microsoft products (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, and Project)
Not Required, but a plus:
- Oil & Gas or Rental or Field ticketing industry experience
- MS Dynamics AX certifications
- Managing Business Intelligence projects
- Fluency in Spanish
Education: Bachelor’s Degree; Computer Science, Accounting/Financial or other Technical field preferred; PMP certification is highly desirable.
Work Location(s): Houston, TX
Travel Requirements: 25%