Manage multiple complex projects and teams in compliance with the Company's defined IT project management standards with the goal of delivering project objectives on time and within budget. The methodology being used within those standards may be Waterfall, Scrum (Agile), Kanban (Agile) or some other. Plan, develop and implement the project lifecycle consistent with project objectives. Adhere to appropriate methodology role responsibilities detailed within the MMO standards. Provide guidance as necessary to other team members with the goal of process improvement and overall project leadership quality. Collaborate cross-functionally as required and assist with removing barriers that arise.
· Manage all stage of the IT projects assigned with minimal support, including planning, implementing and monitoring activities. Work with IT line managers and team members to develop appropriate methodology plans and activities with appropriate tasks, resources, milestones, cost analysis and timelines. Provide all levels of project communications and work with project sponsors or product owners to resolve issues address changes and identify risks.
· Provide appropriate business analysis by working closely with business area to understand the business need and work with IT to identify alternative technical, architectural and design solutions to meet that need. Identify future business needs, especially from a strategic perspective.
· Resolve production issues in a timely manner. Facilitate conversations among multiple teams to address issues. Communicate status to all parties throughout the resolution process.
· Contribute to ongoing IT project leadership process improvement by peer review of other projects, recommendations to the Project Management Practices team (Waterfall) or the Community of Practice related team (Agile) and leading by example in the following IT project methodology standards.
· Bachelor's degree in Business, Information Systems or equivalent work experience.
· 7 years experience managing successful IT projects using a formal project life cycle methodology and software development methodology
· Experience in dealing with stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
· Experience in vendor management.
· Organized and team oriented. Able to communicate at all levels and with differing personalities.
· Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred for Waterfall professionals.
· Agile Certified Practitioner (PMI-ACP) certification preferred for Agile professionals
· Appropriate methodology certification preferred as offered through the Project Management Institute