McDonald’s goal is to be a modern, progressive burger company delivering a contemporary customer experience. Customers are expecting new and exciting experiences and services that are easy to use and seamlessly integrated into their daily lives. In response to this consumer driven trend McDonald’s has launched a global digital commerce platform that will enable us to grow sales, guest counts, and communicate more meaningfully and personally with our customers. Meanwhile, the POS and KIOSK and Mobile App remains the critical in-restaurant system for interaction with crew and customers, driving transactions and operations on a real-time basis.
This position creates and maintains various Initiative plan, interact with multiple cross functional teams for each initiative, schedule, and cost from conception to implementation, and partners with multiple stakeholders - business partners, vendors, and internal team members.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Participates in creating the project charter, the schedule, the milestones, the scope, and resource requirements.
• Collaborate, provide feedback, and partner with vendors and business partners for data application releases and deployment.
• Ensure the Project Team achieves milestones within scope, schedule, and cost.
• Drive issue resolution through issue and risk tracking and facilitating issue closure. Escalate issues appropriately.
• Adhere to the quality assurance process that will ensure the overall quality and continual improvement of the project deliverables.
• Provide guidance, direction, management of resources, including prioritizing work and developing team members.
• Follow the rules of engagement for the project, e.g. standards, executive sponsorship/governance, team guidelines, issue escalation, etc.
• Assist with budget management, including reforecasting
• Measure project performance against predefined metrics and baselines and take action to control the project to the baselines
• Communicate/report to stakeholders project status on a regular basis
The ideal candidate has a proven track record of prioritizing and delivering multiple successful solutions, planning complex projects, effective organizational skills, and communication expertise complimented by a strong technology background and understanding of McDonald's business.
• Bachelor's Degree in IT or business with related experience
• 5+ years Project Manager experience
• 8+ years professional work experience
• Mobile or digital experience
• Knowledge of McDonald's POS, KIOSK, back office, and other restaurant technologies commonly used in a restaurant industry
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Solid understanding of the software development lifecycle
• Customer service focus and empathy for 24x7 business cycle
• Ability to cultivate and maintain strong working relationships
• Ability to assemble and clearly communicate technical information to all levels of the organization
• Desire to thrive in a fast-paced, often changing, and sometimes ambiguous environment
• Ability to balance multiple competing priorities successfully
• Ability to understand and manage complex technology solutions
• Energetic, enthusiastic, organized, and customer-focused with a strong attention to detail.
• Desire and ability to build strong, cohesive relationships at all levels of the organization – up, down, and across
• Self-driven leader who actively works to remove barriers to achieving results
• Demonstrated technical acumen