MAXIMUS is a leading operator of government health and human services programs in the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, Australia and Saudi Arabia. The Company delivers business process services to improve the cost effectiveness, efficiency and quality of government-sponsored benefit programs, such as the Affordable Care Act, Medicaid, Medicare, Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Health Insurance BC (British Columbia), as well as welfare-to-work and child support programs around the globe. The Company’s primary customer base includes federal, provincial, state, county and municipal governments. Operating under its founding mission of Helping Government Serve the People®, MAXIMUS has more than 16,000 employees worldwide.
The Manager provides project management oversight of technology projects. This may be a self-contained project, or a large team within a more complex program. This position defines, implements, and manages scope, schedule, and resources so that all project milestones are delivered according to plan. The manager utilizes best practices in project management to achieve project goals, manage risks, and to successfully complete all planned activities.
- Perform all project management functions including work breakdown and cost estimation, scheduling, monitoring and tracking of technical progress against the defined timetables and budgets, and staff assignment and development
- Manage project expectations, evaluate project needs, and communicate with stakeholders to ensure that program needs are met with respect to urgency and priority. Develops trust, credibility, and strong client relationships; seeks opportunities to add value to internal and external client initiatives.
- Supervise and manage staff assigned to the project, assign and direct their activities
- Review all project deliverables to ensure quality and accuracy meet project, stakeholder, and contractual standards.
- Serve as the point of contact and client interface for project technology related issues.
- Manage activities of subcontractors utilized to deliver the technical solution.
- Define and implement development plans for assigned projects in order to ensure staff is knowledgeable on the applications and technologies in use on the project and that project team understands and follows processes and procedures.
- Provide detailed direction during various stages of the lifecycle to include requirements analysis, testing and potentially programming support
- Identify and assess new functional capabilities supporting engineering change proposals and additional follow on work
- Identify, track, manage, and communicate risks and issues with stakeholders and upper management.
- Ensure that all appropriate costs are included in quarterly forecasts
- Ensure that MAXIMUS is in compliance with all applicable requirements of the contract, state and federal regulations, and the terms and conditions of the RFP and proposal.
- Coordinate, prepare and manage technical presentations and functional demonstrations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Ensure the project is in compliance with MAXIMUS standards and procedures.
- Responsible for adhering to established safety standards
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position for an extended period of time
- Occasionally lifts, carries, or otherwise moves items weighing up to 25 pounds
- Work is constantly performed in an office environment
- Perform other duties as necessary and assigned
The Ideal Candidate will Possess the Following Additional Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; field of study in Engineering/Computer Science preferred
- Equivalent years of experience considered in lieu of degree
- 7+ years of direct IT related experience working on complex, enterprise-wide software solutions
- 2+ years experience in a leadership position
- Experience in development and implementation of IT applications to support complex business processes focused on customer/client identification, outreach and education, service delivery, and ongoing relationship management
- Experience deploying IT solutions in operating environments that include call center and/or contact center, web portal (information, self-service, web chat, etc.), inbound and outbound mail operations, document and workflow management and financial management (e.g., premiums, cost sharing, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and team building skills, as well as an understanding of client relationship building are essential
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills, ability to perform quantitative and qualitative analyses
- High degree of confidence and ability to influence others through expert communication skills
- Experience managing IT budgets and resources
- Ability to perform comfortably in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented work environment
- Ability to execute many complex tasks simultaneously, and work as a team member as well as independently
- Experience successfully developing and deploying IT solutions using various development methodologies (e.g., waterfall, iterative, etc.)
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, Visio, MS Project, and PowerPoint
- Experience with project management tools and software, such as MS Project or JIRA
- Working Knowledge of IVR, Oracle 11g, Oracle Siebel, OBIEE, J2EE, Web Technologies, Webservices, XML, or Deployment Management experience is a plus
- Integration Project Managementexperience is a plus
- Relevant industry experience to include government services, healthcare, insurance preferred
- Proficiency with state healthcare programs (e.g., Medicaid, CHIP) and related functions (e.g., enrollment management, eligibility determination) preferred