The IT Project Manager is responsible for the management and delivery of multiple enterprise-wide, complex, large and medium projects bringing them to a successful completion. This role is a key leader in the deployment of technical solutions to advance the corporate mission of Matrix. The Senior Project Manager must have strong project management and leadership skill and the ability to work with both business and IT leaders to support the deployment of complex technical solutions within business timelines.
- Manage all aspects of large, long-spanning, complex enterprise-wide projects that cross three or more functional areas with significant impact/risk for multiple business units or the enterprise.
- Apply expert level knowledge of project management best practices and agile methodologies to drive projects to successful completion.
- Successfully influence senior-level business leaders, including VPs and SVPs, to desired outcomes.
- Effectively communicate project(s) status, scope, scope changes, project plan, open items, issues and risks to the project team and leadership.
- Develop and maintain accurate project plans that includes a work plan with all project activity, a resource plan and the project estimate (effort/duration/cost).
- Establish clear expectations with project leadership, project teams and project stakeholders, including executive-level business partners.
- Lead and influence business and IT leaders to define the vision, scope and delivery timelines.
- Create and present detailed internal and external status reports and tailoring reports appropriately for presentation to the Executive Level.
- Successful issue and risk mitigation, and escalation, at the project level.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in Business, IT or a related field is required
- Project Management Institute (PMP) certification required.
- Scrum Certification (CSM or equivalent) required.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- 7+ years experience leading and overseeing IT projects or deliverable life cycles.
- 7+ years experience managing large-scale, complex, enterprise-wide projects.
- 7+ years experience managing system deployment efforts including all aspects of software development lifecycle, including user acceptance testing methodologies and documentation.
- 7+ years experience with industry standard program and project management and service delivery methodologies for IT (SDLC, Agile, Waterfall, Scrum, Lean/Six Sigma, OCM, PMBOK or ITIL a plus).
- Experience in delivering both agile and waterfall projects to provide value in a timely manner.
- Expert project management skills, including the developing and maintaining detailed project schedules, and experience prioritizig work and meeting deadlines.
- Extensive knowledge of project management processes, systems development methods, organizational change management concepts, and business process improvement methods.
- Expert ability to work with others in order to achieve a common goal, resolve conflicts and manage cross-functional and external relationships; demonstrated ability to negotiate and influence without authority.
- Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs and develop creative solutions in a technical environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to make effective written and oral presentation.
- Experience with vendor and contract negotiation and management.
- Experience working in multi-client and multi-vendor environments.
- Healthcare industry background preferred
- Experience migrating from on premise to Cloud Azure platforms