If so, The Jackson Laboratory has a great opportunity for you. We are seeking a Project Manager with solid experience in Agile implementations of configurable, abstracted software systems to help manage a multi-year implementation of enterprise Laboratory Information system across several dozen laboratories at multiple sites in the organization.
As a leader, this role will require working across IT with Business System Analysts, Enterprise Architects, stakeholders in Operations, Laboratories, Research and Finance, and a host of others on cross-functional and often cross-departmental teams to develop and deliver on a product roadmap as the Scrum Master of Agile teams.
The ideal candidate possesses a unique blend of business, technical and scientific expertise, strategic thinking and at times tactical execution. This individual will be responsible both for the management and leadership of project teams, communication to stakeholders on progress of the project, as well as the deliverables themselves. This delivery will be done on top of the Core Informatics LIMS platform or other software systems as required to support research information management.
This role will directly support our Research Laboratories and Scientific Services. This will be an onsite position in eitherFarmington, CT or Bar Harbor, ME.
- Build and lead teams assigned to implement and support new and existing laboratory information systems by negotiating, managing and documenting project scope, goals, and deliverables and acceptance criteria.
- Oversee all aspects of assigned projects including budgets, schedule, communication, and organizational alignment on all aspects of the project from initiation to implementation and maintenance across appropriate groups at JAX.
- Supervise and provide direction to assigned team members bother internal and external as well as any other assigned personnel including negotiation of work assignments / statement of work, work assignments, training, problem resolution and performance management.
- Recruit, maintain, and mentor a strong, diverse, learning team to develop and deliver projects to support research missions and goals.
- Stay up to date on latest market and strategic trends
- Bachelor's degree in Life Sciences, Computer Sciences, or related field (an equivalent combination of related education, training, and experience may be considered)
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in IT or operations leadership. Project management or matrix management leadership experience will be considered as appropriate.
- Preferred three (3) years of experience managing projects in a software development environment, preferably in an academic or research environment (equivalent experience will be considered)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills both written and oral, adapting communication to the audience across all levels of an organization.
- Lead and participate as a group member in Research IT's SAFe Agile framework implementation process.
- Experience with SaaS and PaaS software architecture and delivery models
- Lead design based on requirements, standardize patterns for consistent user experience and enterprise data modeling, and evolve configuration patterns to deliver effective business value
- Recommend and prototype solution options based on requirements to provide effective user experience while minimizing technical debt and administrative overhead.
- Oversee design, prototyping, customization, testing, and release of custom solutions using technologies such as OData, REST APIs, C#, AngularJS, and .NET.
- Experience with Core Informatics and/or MS Dynamics AX/Dynamics 365, is a plus
- Knowledge of current principles, practices and techniques of software development