Job Summary and Scope:
The IT Project Manager III functions independently to manage multiple large projects related to internal information systems, effectively communicating and coordinating the activities of the project team. These projects are highly complex, have senior level business manager sponsorship, and require the coordination of project activities across functional areas within the organization. The IT Project Manager III works with internal customers to determine project definition and business requirements. They provide budget analysis and coordination of project activities ensuring that project steps are in alignment with business objectives, on-time, and within budget. In some cases, the IT Project Manager III will play the solution delivery manager role for a business-sponsored project.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects in the Information Technology sector.
- Facilitate the definition of project mission, goals, tasks, and resource requirements.
- Independently manage project scope, schedule, resources, status reporting, communication, costs, issues, risk mitigation, integration, and implementation.
- Effectively communicate project status to stakeholders, and appropriately escalate issues to management attention.
- Develop and maintain detailed project plans to monitor and track progress.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties for flawless execution of projects.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and budget, and at the required level of quality.
- Manage changes to project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Follow the Veritiv project management guidelines, practices, and procedures.
Position(s) Supervised: (List job titles of position(s) supervised and number of employees in each position.)
Required Skills: (List specific skills: technical skills, interpersonal skills, abilities, etc.)
- Proficient in the use of IT project management methodologies.
- Excels in leading groups of individuals by promoting teamwork, setting goals, delegating tasks, and resolving conflict.
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking.
- Strong negotiating skills related to budgeting, scheduling, resource planning, and scope creep.
- Strong risk management skills.
- Knowledge of the wholesale distribution industry is a plus.
Core Competencies for the Job:
- Instills Trust
- Collaboration / Communication
- Organization and Planning
- Action Oriented
- Customer Focus
- Delivers Results
- Optimizes Work Processes
Required Experience/Education: (List years of experience, education/ certification (minimum and preferred), prior required experience, etc. Identify specific tools or equipment used to perform the job.)
- 8+ years experience in the information technology sector.
- 5 to 10 years project management experience in the information technology sector.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science Information Systems, other related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management Institute PMP Certification
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements: (Describe any unusual working conditions, such as extreme temperatures, heights, hazardous materials, etc. State percentage of time spent traveling each month, if any.)
- None. Office environment.
- Travel up to 20%