Manages all aspects of assigned project(s) in all phases including:
- Developing preliminary scope documents
- Identifying high-level risks, assumptions, and constraints
- Developing cost and schedule estimates
- Creating final scope, schedule, and budget documents
- Establishing project deliverables and creating Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)
- Risk identification and planning for risk management
- Executing, updating, and communicating the project plan and status
- Implementing approved actions including continuous realignment of scope, time, and cost
- Task, budget, schedule, and resource tracking
- Monitoring quality of deliverables
- Proficient with Microsoft Project 2019 & (PWA) Project Web App PPM tool
- Proficient in Microsoft Power Point for creating project slides
- Managing stakeholders and communications.
- Effective hand off of deliverables
- Preparation of close out documentation
- Organizes and attends meetings and events as appropriate for the project(s), creating agendas and notes.
- Proactively and appropriately escalate risks, issues, and decisions.
- Selects appropriate project artifacts for use. Keeps artifacts up to date. Creates artifacts in a manner consistent with IT project management waterfall/agile methodology, allows for efficient project management, and meets stakeholder needs. Refine and maintain project management tools for PMO.
- Builds mutual trust and encourages respect and cooperation among team members. Recognizes contributions and celebrates accomplishments.
- Has excellent communication skills. Listens well, speaks and writes clearly and concisely. Present in front of a variety of potentially large audiences.
- Displays model behavior. Engages others in attaining a future vision not only for the project, but for the organization. Provide mentorship to internal staff and external staff in project management methodology
- Bachelor / Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Project Management Certification (PMP) or formal coursework/training in project management strongly preferred.
- 5 to 10 years of project management experience or experience and training that includes leading projects related to IT, healthcare, healthcare revenue cycle, healthcare finance, or system implementations.
- Successful track record of project results demonstrating effective project leadership.
- Demonstrated knowledge of project management methodology, System Development Life Cycle, budgetary practices, procurement, and contracting.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, leadership and change management skills to establish and maintain positive and productive working relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple projects simultaneously demonstrating flexibility and creativity.
- Healthcare leadership or healthcare project management experience.
- Experience managing projects related to Epic, Ambulatory, Inpatient Facilities Infrastructure or Epic integrated applications a plus.
- Experience leading high visibility, high dollar projects with C-Level sponsorship.