Herc Rentals is a premier full-line equipment-rental company — providing our customers the equipment solutions they need to get their work done safely, confidently and cost effectively, while enabling them to conserve capital for their growth investments.
With over 50 years of equipment-rental expertise, approximately 4,800 employees with approximately 275 company operated locations, principally in North America. Herc Rentals is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation; industrial & manufacturing; oil & gas; government & municipalities; construction, mining, & energy; remediation & restoration; emergency response; facilities; MRO; entertainment; and ground care.
We aspire to be the supplier, employer and investment of choice in our industry, with core values that promote a culture built on integrity, respect, teamwork, and accountability.
The Project Manager is responsible for successful administration and management of the delivery of projects within Herc Rentals while ensuring conformance of the project delivery process. The resource will be required to work collaboratively across all IT Architecture and Business domains as well as with external service providers to develop and/or improve the underlying services using industry best practices and Herc Rentals technology standards
- Deliver projects to completion through waterfall and/or agile (scrum) methodology
- Build strong relationships with stakeholders, BA’s, end users, IT and suppliers and manage their expectations as well as ensure their accountability
- Collaborates with our vendors and internal IT and business resources to create business and technical design specifications for implementation of solutions
- Manage all stakeholder expectations as to project scope, schedule and cost.
- Report regularly on status of the journey and identify, raise and resolve issues quickly and completely
- Full project accountability: from managing the change to budgeting and building a team with the right skills to deliver the change
- Perform the overall day-to-day management of multiple projects to confirm that project objectives are achieved within time/cost/quality constraints.
- Develop, maintain and effectively execute project plans throughout the life of assigned project(s) which defines activities, sequence, dependencies, work effort, duration and associated resource requirements.
- Plan and manage internal and external project communications, make certain of effective exchange of project information, status, issues, risks, and deliverables.
- Complete all necessary documentation for reporting status of project and explaining any variances.
- Facilitate regular standup meetings with the various project teams, guarantee good information sharing and communication exists within each team.
- Perform management of the risks of the project, including the development of contingency plans. Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Ensure all groups are adequately consulted and are satisfied with each deliverable as it effects their specialist area
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or another related field; or equivalent, and related field or equivalent experience are required.
- Professional Experience
- 5+ years’ experience as a Project Manager within the IT function
- 3+ years’ experience Project Managing software delivery/implementations within a global organization
- Demonstrated knowledge of current tools and techniques of project management
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative skills with great attention to detail
- Comprehensive understanding and experience of both waterfall and agile software development approaches
- Holder of a PMI qualification (PMP, PgMP) - Preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Problem-solving and analytical skills are a must
- Strong organizational skills; ability to manage multiple projects, priorities and projects in a demanding environment
- Proficient at developing and delivering presentations with excellent meeting management skills
- Ability to manage senior stakeholder expectations
- Ability to work to deadlines and under own initiative as part of a dynamic team
- Proficient with of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Project
- Requires strong leadership and proactive issue and risk management.
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to identify problems, make decisions, create solutions and take action
If you are looking for an exciting and rewarding career with a growth-oriented company, Herc Rentals is the right place for you! As an industry leader, we offer the opportunity for training, development, and advancement. In addition, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits package, including a generous vacation program. Apply today to be part of a team built for success!