Responsible for leading technology project delivery for the Employer Solutions program which enables the Sales and Service field organization at H&R Block. Responsible for developing, planning, and managing implementation of a program with broad scope, high impact and long implementation time frames. Lead the business changes required, while ensuring that day-to-day operations continue to function accordingly. Consult with program sponsors, participants, stakeholders and customers to review program proposals including goals, time frames, and funding limitations. Ensure that program goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Responsible for managing the project team and ensuring corporate sponsorship from cross-business unit leadership.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own overall responsibility for the success of assigned projects.
- Understand the business needs of the customer.
- Define project objectives and deliverables to meet those needs.
- Identify assumptions and constraints that impact schedule, resources, costs, quality and risk.
- Define scope, schedule, budget and quality levels for the project.
- Identify, obtain and organize necessary project resources.
- Prepare and execute plans for quality, change control and communications.
- Prepare and gain approval on an overall Project Plan.
- Execute against the Project Plan while controlling and reporting on scope, schedule, quality, costs, resources and risks.
- Verify and document project results.
- Complete all tasks necessary to close the project, transitioning to an operational state, if necessary.
- Other duties as assigned
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Project Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science or related area, or the equivalent through a combination of education and work experience.
- Five years project managementexperience.
- Familiarity with formal project management methodologies.
- Demonstrated decision-making, analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Track record of establishing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Effective written and oral presentation skills and facilitation skills. Ability to communicate with all levels of internal associates, external vendors and business partners.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team, but with little formal supervision or guidance.
- Effective supervisory skills in a matrix-management environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software and project planning tools.