GoPro is seeking a top tier candidate to join our growing IT PMO in the role of IT Project Manager. In this role, you will be responsible for day to day management of multiple IT Infrastructure and Information Security projects with moderate to high complexity, from inception to completion. You will leverage your experience to define project scope and schedule, manage stakeholder expectations, and drive on-time delivery of projects. As a key member of the IT PMO, you will contribute to defining and implementing project best practices including process documents, project artifact templates, and use of PPM/collaboration tools.
What You Will Do:
- Manage multiple IT Infrastructure and Security projects concurrently, end to end
- Work with business stakeholders and IT Managers to gather requirements and define success criteria
- Form project teams, define roles and responsibilities, and hold the project team members accountable for deliverables
- Create and manage an executable project plan, with clearly defined tasks, milestones, and resource requirements
- Communicate weekly project status to IT management and executive sponsors
- Manage project scope, schedule, and budget; identifying issues/risks, owning mitigation plans and resolution
- Run daily stand-ups and weekly project status meetings
- Assist in the management of tools implemented to ensure the execution of best practices within the organization including the Portfolio Management solution, Methodology materials, and PMO shared document site
- Ensure compliance of the organization to the defined project methodology
- Contribute and assist in the execution of the Project Management Office Strategy
Skills We’re Stoked About:
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or Business Administration, with 3+ years of IT project management experience
- General understanding of IT Infrastructure and Information Security: network, server, storage, telecom, data center, mobile device management, network access control, network intrusion detection, etc.
- Demonstrated track record of successfully delivering IT Operations projects on time, in scope, and within budget
- Expertise in creating and maintaining project schedules in MS Project or equivalent project management tool
- Working knowledge of project management methodologies (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum) and ITIL framework
- Project experience: Information security (MDM, NAC, IDS, SSO), office infrastructure deployments (small/medium new office builds), data center / colo infrastructure builds, client engineering (laptop data encryption, SCCM/Casper imaging systems), Helpdesk tool deployments (ServiceNow, Jira/Confluence)
- Soft skills: aggressive task management and follow through, organized multitasker, confident in leading project meetings and communicating project status.