Improves organizational processes by implementing new and enhanced technologies. Analyzes business requests to define project requirements and design solutions that align with business strategies and IT protocols. Accomplishes project objectives by planning the project, managing the project team, and monitoring and controlling project activities.
Information Technology (IT) Project Manager Job Duties:
- Receives project assignments from the IT Project Manager.
- Identifies project milestones, phases, and activities; forms project team; establishes project budget (when necessary).
- Monitors project progress by coordinating resources, assigning work, tracking activity, resolving problems, publishing progress reports, and recommending actions.
- Meets with business users and department heads as requested to understand organizational challenges.
- Works with subject matter experts to identify and recommend initiatives to address organizational challenges.
- Validates successful implementations through clearly defining project objectives and completing post-project assessments.
- Creates required project documentation (e.g., project management plans, task lists, project communication, lessons learned documents, issues logs).
- Upon successful project completion, transitions support for the new technology or process from the project team to the appropriate support team (e.g., the HelpDesk or Operations).
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests and by providing the highest level of professional service to business users.
- Proactively explores opportunities to add value to the IT department and Fairfield's overall business.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, bench-marking state-of-the-art practices, and participating in professional societies.
- 4-year college degree
- PMI-recognized certification (PMP, PMI-ACP, PMI-PBA, CAPM) is preferred
- At least 4 years project management experience
- Experience must include technology-related projects.