BAE Systems, a top-ten prime contractor to the U.S. Department of Defense, enables the U.S. government to transform data into intelligence and provides engineering, integration and sustainment support for critical military platforms and systems. Intelligence & Security provides services and products to the Department of Defense, the government, federal law enforcement officials, and troops deployed around the world.
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools, skills and training they need to succeed. We are all about trust, camaraderie and a shared ambition to lead the world in defense technologies and national security services. We offer flexible work environment to support the balance in your life and keep you performing at your best. Be a part of a company that is part of the community; driven to improve our future and protect our freedom.
We are looking for an experienced IT Project Manager to join our technology-based program supporting a key functional program area providing full lifecycle engineering support for systems monitoring and applications management services that provide systems alerts, including monitoring for enterprise system performance and availability and providing guidance and engineering for upgrades, systems modifications, and updates. The functional area also provides operational support for applications deployed across the sponsor's enterprise, including release management configuration management and data analysis.
This is a fast paced, challenging, and career rewarding experience to recruit and develop provide top talent and solutions on one of the most complex and high profile programs within the government.
CBLT - TO6Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The right candidate will have a minimum of 10 years' experience. A Bachelor's or Master's Degree are preferred in one or more of the disciplines described below where specific skills may include the following...
IT Project Manager will:
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Direct activities to meet the sponsors organizational work objectives and serves as a liaison to coordinate activities, negotiate tasks, and solve problems
- Applying project management model (e.g. Agile, Spiral, Waterfall) for a given effort. Familiarity and success managing 2 week sprints.
- Serve as programmatic liaison to the sponsor; maintains enterprise sponsor contacts to ensure conformity to all contractual obligations
- Formulate outcome and performance based tasking that leverages program control systems including, but not limited to EVMS and related program control methodologies.
- Provide technical and financial reports in order to document progress for the enterprise sponsor.
- Maintain individual project schedules and schedule forecasts.
- Autonomous approach that provides guidance and leadership to the sponsor and their management stakeholders.
- Work closely with the BAE Systems Talent Acquisition team to identify new candidates and adjudicate the interviews, vetting and hiring of the new required resources. Support in relaying key job requirements.
- Manage the program staff directly.
- Identify risks and documents program progress including implementation, time lines, issues, risks, quality and successes measures to meet contractual requirements
- Provide status reporting to the enterprise sponsor, and our internal team on progress toward objectives
- Manage and ensure all project issues are resolved promptly to avoid negative impact to the budget or schedule.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
- PMP, Agile, ITIL or other related Certifications
- Quality processes including ISO, Six Sigma, CMMi
- Knowledge in the entire development system life cycle
- Strong track record of understanding and interest in current and emerging technologies
- Creating and managing a shared pool of internal and subcontract resources
- Experience working with the government
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.