Summary of Major Responsibilities
The IT Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of corporate projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within the prescribed time frame and funding parameters. This position ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage the execution of low to medium complexity projects.
- Lead a project team to accomplish project goals and act as a problem solver to drive decisions.
- Consult with management, and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones, and required tasks.
- Prepare status reports and modify schedules and plans, as needed.
- Keep management, team, and business areas informed of project status and related issues.
- Manage resolution of issues and communicate and translate technical concepts.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Monitor project results against specifications.
- Follow established project management practices, to include management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Create and manage the project schedule and utilize the schedule to communicate and manage the work.
- Manage project budget.
- Ensure that all required project management deliverables are created and accurate.
- Prepare project for governance gate approvals.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Plan team resource needs, and allocate, supervise, and review work.
- Collaborate with peers to manage project interdependencies.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Establish positive working relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Engage internal business resources to understand business objectives and translate into delivery plans.
- Understand how leveraged applications provide a competitive advantage.
- Develop and gain agreement with stakeholders on project plans and budgets.
- Conceptualize, document, and present creative solutions to senior management.
- Ability to grasp and communicate technical concepts.
- Strong verbal and written communication, with the ability to influence and persuade.
- Apply solid working knowledge of project management methodologies.
- Apply strong understanding of business and technical process.
- Uphold company mission and values through accountability, innovation, integrity, quality, and teamwork.
- Support and comply with the company's Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular and reliable attendance.
- Ability to act with an inclusion mindset and model these behaviors for the organization.
- Ability to work on a mobile device, tablet, or in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 90% of a typical working day.
- Ability and means to travel between local Exact Sciences locations.
- Ability to travel 5% of working time away from work location, may include overnight/weekend travel.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field as outlined in the essential duties; or High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and 4 years of relevant experience as outlined in the essential duties in lieu of Bachelor's Degree.
- 5+ years of experience working as a project manager in a business or IT function.
- Demonstrated leadership of high-performance work teams/groups.
- Demonstrated competency in project management and simultaneous execution of multiple projects.
- Demonstrated strong project management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to use strategic thinking and relationship management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
- Demonstrated ability to perform the essential duties of the position with or without accommodation.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- Experience managing software development projects using agile methodology.
- PMI Project Management Certification.
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, creed, disability, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other status protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Applicable portions of the Company's affirmative action program are available to any applicant or employee for inspection upon request.