Summary of Major Responsibilities
The IT Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of corporate projects to ensure that goals or objectives of projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters. Ensures that project goals are accomplished and in line with business objectives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead project team to accomplish project goals.
- Act as a problem solver to drive decisions.
- Consult with management, and review project proposals to determine goals, time frame, funding limitations, and procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of resources.
- Identify and schedule project deliverables, milestones and required tasks.
- Prepare status reports, and modify schedules and plans as required.
- Keep management, team, and business areas informed of project status and related issues.
- Coordinate and respond to requests for changes from original specifications.
- Monitor project results against specifications.
- Develop quality assurance test plans.
- Direct quality assurance testing.
- Follow established project management practices, including management of scope, requirements, issues, and risks.
- Create MS Project schedule, and utilize the schedule to communicate and manage the work.
- Manage project budget.
- Ensure that all required project management deliverables are created and accurate.
- Prepare project for governance gate approvals.
- Provide leadership and motivation to project team members throughout the project life cycle.
- Plan team resource needs; allocate, supervise and review work.
- Collaborate with other project and program managers to manage project interdependencies.
- Coordinate recruitment or assignment of project personnel.
- Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure that the project progresses on schedule and within budget.
- Assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority to project personnel.
- Establish positive working relationships with stakeholders and team members.
- Engage internal business resources to understand business objectives and to translate into delivery plans.
- Understand how leveraged applications provide competitive advantage.
- Develop and gain agreement with stakeholders on project plans and budgets.
- Communicate plans, status, and issues to higher levels of management.
- Ability to work seated for approximately 50% of a typical working day Ability to work standing for approximately 50% of a typical working day.
- Ability to work in front of a computer screen and/or perform typing for approximately 80% of a typical working day.
- Ability to comply with any applicable personal protective equipment requirements.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
- Support and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, Engineering, Life Science or a related discipline with an information technology focus.
- 5+ years of progressive, broad-based information systems and business experience.
- Demonstrated leadership of high-performance work teams/groups.
- Experience with implementation of new technology.
- Demonstrated competency in project management and simultaneous execution of multiple projects.
- Experience in providing leadership to sub workgroups within a project.
- 2+ years of business unit experience, with sensitivity and commitment to business problem solving.
- Strong management skills.
- Demonstrated competency in strategic thinking, with strong abilities in relationship management.
- Effective knowledge and application of leadership competencies (to navigate middle-management ranks); especially oral and written communications, influence and persuasion, results orientation, facilitation, and teamwork.
- Appetite to learn; general business acumen.
- Ability to understand and ethically navigate the organizational dynamics and company culture, so as to produce project/business by influencing key stakeholders.
- Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- PMI Project Management Certification.
- Demonstrated experience in conceptualizing, documenting, and presenting/selling creative solutions to senior management.
- Experience managing software development projects using agile methodology.