Tracking Code 20180396
SUMMARY: Responsible for the planning, budgeting, documenting and oversight of all aspects of specific programs throughout the project life cycle. The position leads the design, testing, planning, budgeting and implementation of complex projects for systems and services that typically affect many employees. The Project Manager works closely with upper management to make sure that the scope and direction of each project is on schedule, as well as coordinates with other departments for support. The position is focused on meeting project commitments. The Project Manager will focus on both Engineering and Information Technology related projects.
It is imperative for this resource to drive consistency in the implementation of systems and best practices and understand LEAN methodologies. This position will involve working across all lines of business and will require solid communication skills, ability to build relationships and drive a consistent agenda.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following.
- Lead the development and implementation of a broad, coordinated set of plans and programs to meet the goals and priorities of the organization
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties / vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Assist in establishing realistic timelines and goals for project deliverables
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Demonstrate superior collaboration skills and techniques which appropriately define alternate solutions; resolve conflicts; and create partnerships with team members and stakeholders
- Work closely with Organizational Change Management to drive change while taking full account of obstacles, opposition, and differing stakeholder priorities
- Develop / maintain detailed project budgets
- Use verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Develop project status reporting and escalate issues to management as needed
- Pro-actively develop and implement strategies that significantly mitigate program risk
- Establish contacts and cultivate relationships and a network both inside and outside of EnerSys
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Conduct follow-up meetings with stakeholders and team members to continuously improve project management processes and toolkits
- Perform other duties as assigned
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Minimum of a College Degree with preference for an MBA in Computer Science / Engineering or related fields.
- 5+ years of working experience as a project manager in the information technology or engineering sectors.
- Proven experience structuring frameworks/approaches to complex problem-solving experience in LEAN processes is strongly preferred
- Working experience with the implementation / management of Product Lifecycle Management (preferably PTC Windchill)
Effective communication skills: Oral, written and listening.
Analytical skills to be able to quickly identify and resolve problems. Ability to analyze data, resources and schedules to make decisions that affect a project on a regular basis.
Computer / Technical Skills
- Understanding of project management software to include MS Project and Smartsheet.
- Proficient in use of standard office software and reporting applications
- Advanced MS Office skills specifically with Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with SAP ECC a plus
- Certification as a Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince II.
- Experience with ERP and PLM systems such as SAP ECC, PTC Windchill, etc.
- Experience with integrating applications
- Participation in outside professional activities to maintain knowledge a plus
- Exhibits of a high degree of independent thinking; applying previous experience, general policies and acquired educational expertise to specific situations.
- Ability to identify and diagnose problems and recommend solutions and preventative measures.
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
Other Skills and Abilities
- Leadership Skills: ability to keep employees motivated, resolve conflicts and make difficult decisions.
- Time Management: ability to work with employees, customers and management, often working multiple projects in parallel.
- Budgeting: develop and maintain project budgets.
TRAVEL REQUIRED: Minimal to medium
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: Must be able to perform operational duties which may include some lifting (up to fifty pounds); bending; kneeling and stooping.