We are looking for IT Project Manager for our client in Durham, NC
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Job Location: Durham, NC
Job Type: Contract 12 Months
- Responsible for the project lifecycle which includes project initiation through implementation and closure.
- Ensures projects are properly defined, budgeted, approved, planned, documented, resourced, scheduled, supervised and completed.
- Supports the business unit(s) in all phases of the Product Life Cycle for small to large projects, including production turnover support and ongoing customer support.
- Analyzes current Business processes to ensure alignment with service capabilities.
- Serves as a liaison to the business community.
- Continuously gains an understanding of the customer's operations and how systems are used in support of their operations, transferring knowledge to users and other members of the team.
- Minimum 5 years IT experience in applications development realm
- Proven track record successfully managing cross-divisional projects in a complex, diverse and challenging business and IT environment.
- Proven track record in project resource management, including mentoring and coaching, performance management and project financial management.
- Extensive experience in applications development analysis and implementation support.
- Experience with relevant business application software.
- Experience with project management software preferred.
- Entertainment industry experience strongly preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certified preferred.
- Capable of leading effective project meetings that are tailored to the audience.
- Ability to create simple to complex project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures using project management tools.
- Ability to write and present effective project materials, including presentations and status reports.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of staff, clients and other IT personnel.
- Ability to effectively identify and resolve system or business process/project issues.
- Ability to build, influence, lead and motivate effective teams towards end results.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including development of project documentation and presentation materials required.
- Business Engagement Initiation and Analysis
- Clarifies, rationalizes and documents project requests.
- Oversees requirements gathering and documentation of detailed Business Requirements.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends appropriate IT business solution.
- Develops understanding of customer operations and applies it in researching potential solutions.
- Participates in preparing the Business Case, Project Charter, Project Cost Justification, ROI and/or benefits evaluation, RFI, RFP, Package Selection Recommendation and other
- project initiation documents.
- Ensures appropriate business participation in IT projects.
Business Relationship Management:
- Gain trust + build reputation by understanding and delivering on business needs
- Drive and prioritize revenue impacting projects/programs
- Accept constant changes as the new normal and manage/adapt to crisis/constraints swiftly
- Stay ahead by tracking new demand & downstream impact of business changes
- Know the technical products we support and team skillsets
- Identify opportunities to drive efficiencies, don't focus on organizational boundaries but instead look to build partnerships
- Be creative and develop your own style in managing and presenting information
- Be concise, focus on visually presenting the data than writing too much text
- Divide and conquer projects, apply "just enough management" methodology
- Identify and bring good talent to management's visibility, constantly appreciate great work
- Trust, delegate and build teams to deliver the most difficult of tasks under tight deadlines
- Manage and deliver cost effective solutions
- Identify gaps, manage and control demand
- Track metrics
- Extensive knowledge of Project and Systems Development Life Cycle Methodologies.
- Extensive knowledge of project management activities, deliverables and processes.
- Extensive knowledge of standard IT practices related to business application development/implementation.
- Solid understanding of the entertainment industry and the role that IT plays in the industry.
- Strong understanding of the functional area and business practices to be supported.
- Working understanding of IT infrastructure technologies, including Desktop, Server and Networking systems.
- Working understanding of application development technologies using Client/Server, Web-enabled and distributed applications.