We are looking for IT Project Manager for our client in Denver, CO
Job Title: IT Project Manager
Job Location: Denver, CO
Job Type: Contract
- The Project Manager manages all aspects of the development and implementation of large, multi-platform technology initiatives.
- The Project Manager takes projects from initiation through final implementation by defining project scope and objectives, developing detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resource plans, and status reports.
- Facilitates cross functional teams across client and customer organizations.
- Collaborates, negotiates and works withothers in a matrixed organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Provides project management and direction to ensure overall success of initiatives by developing project implementation plans including project business benefit, scope, objectives, schedule, deliverables, and success criteria that support business goals in collaboration with management and project sponsors.
- Develops an appropriate implementation plan that focuses on current and future functional performance objectives, TCO and compliance with Enterprise standards.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identifies potential risks, and devises contingency plans.
- Conducts project post-mortem assessments and suggests improvements in process or procedure.
- Determines content of status reports from the project team, troubleshoots problem areas and delivers overall progress reports.
- Provides Budget and Resource Management
- Drafts and submits budget proposals and recommends subsequent budget changes.
- Identifies resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determines and assesses requests for additional staff and/or contractors and works with outside service providers where needed to complete technology projects.
- Negotiates with department managers, when necessary, regarding the support of required personnel to ensure project continuity through completion.
- Provides Strategic Project Management
- Proactively manages full life-cycle of technology initiatives, including overall project plan, scope, change control, risks, issues, impacts, and reporting through standardization and best practice project implementation.
- Uses strong analytical skills including the ability to abstract key trends and issues from complex detail information to make decisions, manage issues and resolve problems by looking at issues from multiple angles and addressing solutions at both conceptual and detail levels.
- Communication and Collaboration
- Coordinates project related activities for cross functional team(s).
- Manage issues and proactively escalate critical issues for immediate resolution.
- Collaborates to develop, and appropriately execute, a change strategy, including stakeholder analysis, communication plans, and adoption plans.
- Manages relationships across client, customers and vendors to develop a thorough understanding of core business functions and align project with overall business objectives.
- Motivates project team members and contractors and influences them to take positive action and accountability for assigned work
- Works with communications strategy and communications and change management to lead and influence cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned
Minimum Job Requirements:
- Education/Training: Bachelor?s degree in Business, Management Information Technology or related field. Relevant work experience may be substituted for degree requirement.
- Work Experience: Six (6) years experience that includes a combination of IT and/or IT project management discipline including scope, budget, and schedule and resource management skills.
Experience must also include:
- Using a variety of project management tools and methodologies.
- Business processes and mapping of business functions to services.
- Defining and executing large, complex technology programs.
- Solid understanding of change management.
- Ability to lead and influence cross functional teams and stakeholders.
- Masters degree in related area may be substituted for up to two years of the experience requirement.
- PMP certification may be substituted for up to two years of the experience requirement. Public Sector experiencepreferred.
- Candidates local to Denver preferred. Candidates located in Colorado Springs or Pueblo will also be considered.
- Successful candidate will be familiar with the IT aspects related to new commercial construction.