Parkland is unique. We fuel communities by safely delivering high-quality petroleum products to motorists, businesses, consumers and wholesale customers across North America. Through unrivaled dependability and service, we connect communities to the products they need to heat their homes, fuel their industries and drive their economies.
Parkland is strong. We are one of North America’s fastest growing and largest independent distributors and marketers of fuels and lubricants. Our family includes Bluewave Energy, Columbia Fuels, Elbow River Marketing, Island Petroleum, Fas Gas Plus, Farstad Oil, Les Pétroles Parkland, Pioneer Energy, Sparlings, Superpumper Inc., and the Ultramar brand.
Parkland is growing. Our organization is powered by effective leadership, progressive strategies and industry-leading best practices — but more importantly, it is driven by talented, customer-focused people who value integrity, innovation and quality. We are looking for good-natured, hard-working candidates who want to build a rewarding career in a dynamic and collaborative work environment. We are a family and our family continues to grow.
The IT Project Manager oversees all aspects of Information Technology related projects using PMBOK (Project Manager Book of Knowledge) processes. The Project Manager is responsible for the coordination of IT related projects including the management of scope, time, cost, quality, Human Resources, Communication, risk and stakeholder. The IT Project Manager works in an Enterprise Class environment with many different systems and a diverse set of stakeholders. Projects are usually complex and compete with several operational and organizational priorities.
- Managing system integration, data conversion, application upgrades and functional enhancement projects;
- Manage multiple teams of varying size that may be augmented by outside consultants;
- Develop, circulate and get approval for all documentation associated with a project, which includes but is not limited to: Charter, Project Plan, Executive and Team status reports, Request for Information, Request for Quotes;
- Enforce project standards across all projects by applying the organizational Project Methodology;
- Ensure projects follow the Change Approval Board process and ITIL (Information TechnologyInfrastructure Library) to reduce risk and ensure proper change management practices are adhered to;
- Manage and document all aspects of the project;
- Engage and effectively communicate to all North American Stakeholders (Team, Sponsors, Project Steering Team, IT Steering Team) to ensure full understanding of scope and breadth of initiatives;
- Ensure projects are within approved scope, budget, time and objectives;
- Understand and manage interdependencies, collisions and integrations between projects;
- Provide leadership and coaching to Project Coordinators, Junior Project Managers and project team members regarding project management practices and related project requirements;
- Continuously improves project management toolkits and methodologies used within Information Technology, supports continuous process improvements and;
- Participates in Strategic Planning with Senior IT Leadership.
Qualifications and Skills:
- 5 -10 years’ cumulative Project Management experience;
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification;
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science, technical equivalent or equivalent Business/IT experience;
- ITIL Foundation V3.0 certified;
- Thorough understanding of PMBOK processes;
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, complemented with the ability to influence at all levels of the organization with a focus on results;
- Exceptional interpersonal and customer service skills with an emphasis on relationship management and team building;
- Proven ability to manage one or more large or complex projects or a number of smaller projects simultaneously;
- Proven ability to understand technical systems documentation and interact with systems resources;
- Excellent problem solving and decision making skills, and;
- The ability to work with little or no supervision.
Our main priority at Parkland is our people. As an employee, you can expect a fair workplace, a professional work environment, competitive compensation, outstanding benefits, and a share in our success through the Employee Share Purchase Plan and our Annual Incentive Plan.
We thank all candidates in advance for their interest, however only those being considered will be contacted.
Parkland Fuel Corporation is committed to the principles of Employment Equity.
We strive to provide accessibility in employment to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for candidates, including persons with disabilities. Parkland Fuel Corporation will endeavour to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability, please notify us upon scheduling your interview.
Applications are being accepted until November 30, 2017