Camping World is America's #1 source for RVs, camping accessories, RV maintenance and repair. The Good Sam Club is the world's largest RV owners organization with 1.3 million members offering discounts at the Club's nationwide network of 1,700 Good Sam parks and resorts, vacation planning, roadside assistance and more to serve the outdoor enthusiast! Partnered together, Camping World and Good Sam Club offer more to those who love the RV lifestyle! We are America's champion for fun, freedom and adventure!
Title: IT Project Manager
Department: Information Technology - Retail Systems
The IT Project Manager (PM) is a mid to senior level position reporting directly to the Director of Project Management and Compliance in the Information Technology Department. The primary role of this position will be the ownership and accountability for successful delivery of assigned projects across lines of business. Under minimal supervision, the PM is responsible for all aspects of projects of varying degrees of complexity, risk, and visibility. The PM interacts extensively with executives and project sponsors, operations, technology, finance, and otherinternal cross-functional teams as well as vendors and clients.
- Plans and manages all aspects of projects from initiation through delivery to closure, following either a waterfall or agile lifecycle.
- Utilizing enterprise project management tools, defines and manages project plans, schedules, budget and deliverables.
- Coordinates activities among project team members, vendors and clients to meet project objectives and ensure completion of project scope with quality, on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Identifies, manages, and communicates risks, issues and activity progress to ensure project objectives are achieved.
- Effectively communicates project status to various internal and external stakeholders at different management levels.
- Leads project teams through emotional self-awareness and confidence, adaptability, innovation and influence.
- Builds and maintains trusting relationships as a foundation for achieving influence, and obtaining commitment from project stakeholders through collaboration.
- Recognizes conflict when it is occurring, and identifies its sources and effects. Collaborates with other parties to achieve a win/win solution with the end goal in mind. Manages conflict in respectful manner by taking emotion out of the problem.
- When dealing with missed commitments, focuses the team on solving the problem while holding stakeholders accountable in a manner that is conducive to teamwork and sense of common vision.
- Communicates in a concise and clear manner. Moderates the scope of project meetings, and strives to achieve objectives of meetings in the shortest amount of time possible. Produces meeting minutes to clearly convey major developments, action items, and risks.
- Utilizes escalation channels wisely avoiding over and under-escalation. Uses good judgment on when to escalate the issues to Senior Management and when to work through issues with the project team. Accomplishes resolutions at the lowest level necessary.
- Maintains clarity of the PM role within the scope of the project, empowering subject matter experts to make decisions and complete activities within their domains. Removes barriers and remains flexible.
- Performs other related duties assigned as needed.
- 5+ years of experience managing projects in retail or related industry
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field is required, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Certification in Project Management by a nationally recognized institution is strongly desired and candidates with certification will be given preference over othereducation and experience combinations.
- Extensive knowledge of project management standards, processes and best practices. Knowledge of other frameworks such as CMMI, ITIL, ISO, LeanSix Sigma is preferred.
- Experience in managing projects using waterfall and iterative software development lifecycles.
- Experience with online project management and collaboration tools such as Teamwork.com is preferred.
- Retail industry experiencepreferred.
- Travel may be required - 50% or more for extended time periods according to project needs and locations of key project resources.
- Usual office environment, including sitting for extended periods of time.
- Flexible scheduling sometimes required - including evening and weekend work as needed.
- Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard and mouse, and to handle other computer and retail system components.