IT Project Manager
5 - 7 years experience • IT Consulting/Services
Job Title: IT Project Manager II
Location: Broomfield, CO
Contract: 12+ Months C2H
Candidate will be responsible for coordinating with over 500 external customers at 1 time to encourage them to move to an industry standard secure protocol.
Constant communication with customers to understand progress and to help establish timelines. Convey sense of urgency and have the ability to explain why there is urgency is a big part of the project.
• Compile the list of customers using TLS1.0 protocol when they send their Purchase Orders or Punchout to Staples system
• Communicate with each customer’s Sales Representative to help facilitate communication with the external customers.
• Communicate and coordinate with our external customers to migrate off of the old protocol technology.
• Track progress of our customers and professionally push when the customers are lagging.
• Communicate with senior leadership regular status reports and solutions to help motivate troublesome customers
• Create baseline budget and schedules based upon approved requirements, cost estimates and prioritization
• Responsible for accurate time and budgetreporting and management
• Work experience managing technical infrastructure or security projects, external customer related projects
• Bachelor’s degree Information Systems, Computer Science or equivalent.
• Min 5 years of related work experience
• Proficient in PPM for time reporting, scheduling, and project management
• Understanding of B2B transactions like POs and Invoices.
• Understanding of security protocols like SSLv3 and TLS1.0.
• Understanding of transportation protocols like HTTPS, AS2, FTPS, SFTP
• Possess organizational proficiencies to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment under limited supervision.
• Strong problem solving skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent business presentation skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Highly motivated, self-starting, and committed to achieving results and have a strong sense of ownership and follow-through to resolution.
• Ability to interface effectively with all levels and across organizational lines, including the business units.
• Ability to effectively utilize external vendors and resources throughout the organization.
• Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines.
• Ability to work with ambiguity