Become Part of Our Team
As an industry leader Balfour Beatty offers employees a comprehensive benefits package with competitive salaries and more including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- 401(k) with company match
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Dependent & Medical Reimbursement)
- Vacation Time
- Sick Time
- Paid Volunteer time
- Tuition Assistance
- Employee Referral Bonus
The role of the IT Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize concurrent technology projects according to deadlines, internal methodologies, and within budget. The IT Project Manager serves as a subject matter expert for the technology or product they are delivering. This includes coordinating the efforts of project team members and third-party contractors or consultants to deliver IT projects according to plan. The Project Manager will guide the definition of the project’s objectives with key business partners and oversee quality control throughout the project lifecycle. This is a hands-on position requiring tact, accountability, and excellent communication skills.
- Manages IT projects throughout full project lifecycle.
- Defines project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with senior management and stakeholders.
- Develops full-scale project plans, risk registers, and associated communications documents.
- Effectively communicates project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Liaise with project stakeholders on an ongoing basis.
- Estimates the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Drafts and submits budget proposals and recommend subsequent budget changes where necessary.
- Where required, negotiates with other department managers for the acquisition of required personnel from within the company.
- Sets and continually manages project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Identifies and resolves issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Plans and schedules project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Tracks project milestones and deliverables.
- Develops and delivers progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation & presentations.
- Proactively manages changes in project scope, identify potential crises, devise contingency plans.
- Builds, develops, and grows any business relationships vital to the success of the project.
- Conducts project postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- Develops best practices and tools for project execution and management.
- Ensures deliverables are on-time, within scope and of exceptional quality.
- Ensure smooth handoff of delivered projects/products to support functions, including defining support matrices and building knowledge base/how-to documentation.
- Researches, evaluates, recommends, and potentially implement new products, services, and equipment to best support current and future business needs.
- Provides Tier 3 user support related to implemented projects as required.
- Handle special department projects as assigned.
Promote Customer Relations
- Builds effective relationships with project teams, functional departments, consultants, vendors, and user groups that reflect and support company core values and meets or exceeds the customer’s expectations.
Education, Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science from four-year college or university with 3+ years direct work experience in an IT project management capacity, including all aspects of process development and execution.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) and agile software development certifications preferred.
- Strong familiarity with project management software, such as Microsoft Project.
- Competent and proficient understanding of platforms – both functional and technical - such as JD Edwards and Microsoft technologies.
- Experience rolling out analytics platforms, such as Power BI, with self-service data warehouse components.
- Experience at working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Conforms to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving.
- Ability to read communication styles of team members and contractors who come from a broad spectrum of disciplines.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, staff, and the general public.
- Persuasive, encouraging, and motivating.
- Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources, including upper management, clients, and other departments.
- Ability to bring project to successful completion through political sensitivity.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Reads, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, or technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment is crucial.
- Organizing skills needed to schedule and coordinate installation, upgrades and decommissions of local and remote computer systems.
- Ability to define problems, collects data, establish facts, and draws valid conclusions.
Balfour Beatty US is an industry-leading provider of general contracting, at-risk construction management and design-build services for public and private sector clients across the nation. Performing heavy civil and vertical construction, our teams build the unique structures and infrastructure that play an important role in how people live, work, learn and play in our communities. Our teammates have an instinctive passion for innovating that is fueled by a relentless curiosity, a drive to employ lean practices and processes and the determination to find a better way. Through Zero Harm®, we are challenging the construction industry’s assumptions about safety. We believe that no level of harm should come to anyone as a result of our business.
Consistently ranked among the nation’s largest building contractors by Engineering News-Record, our US business is a subsidiary of London-based Balfour Beatty plc (LSE: BBY).
Balfour Beatty is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other criteria protected by federal, state or local law