The IT Project Manager will formalize, plan and execute projects according to business objectives while meeting strict deadlines and budgets. This includes coordinating and assigning resources, including third-party contractors or consultants in order to meet project objectives.
The IT Project Manager will lead documentation, requirements and standards using project management methodologies and best practices.
The IT Project Manager will assist the leadership team in establishing the strategy and direction of projects.
The IT Project Manager will deliver on standard project management tasks and deliverables related to planning, execution, implementation, risk evaluation, change management and training for assigned projects.
Primary Job Functions This section describes the primary /essential responsibilities that this job performs.
1. Utilize Project Management methodology and standards in accordance to corporate standards across the department and ensure alignment with business directives and initiatives.
2. Coordinate internal resources and third party vendors for the flawless execution of project.
3. Evaluate proposed solutions, probe options and make recommendations. Ensure the design and integration of proposed systems, software, and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
4. Ensure change management procedures and documentation practices are upheld.
5. Analyze project risks, issues, costs and benefits to make relevant recommendations; propose evolutions and changes where needed.
6. Responsible for “end-to-end” management of multiple medium to large sized, moderate to highly complex IT projects. Plan, execute and finalize projects on time and on budget, following appropriate. Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) standards and delivering specific, measurable results to business partners.
7. Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
8. Manage project components including financial management, quality management, control management, resource management and business continuity management.
9. Effectively communicate project expectations, issues, risks and decisions to project team, business stakeholders and IT.
10. Ensure smooth transition of projects into operational environment for continued serviceability.
11. Measure success factors to ensure project objectives and deliverables were met.
12. Enable cross-functional collaboration between the business and IT. Work with business partners to gather requirements and deliver value and Return on Investment (ROI) of projects.
13. Demonstrate the Company’s Core and Growth Values in the performance of all job functions.
Job Qualifications Education: · BachelorDegree in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, or other related field, RequiredExperience:
· 5 years of project management, Required
· Use and implementation with Agile or Waterfall Project Management experience, Required Licenses or Certifications
· None Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· ServiceNow and ServiceNow PPM experience
· Experience in large, complex enterprise environments
· Experience in project management in the IT sector
· Ability to communicate effectively to leadership
· Experience managing geographically dispersed teams and external partners
· Solid organizational skills including strong attention to detail
· Project budgeting
· Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Effective time management and organizational skills
· Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
· Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously within established time constraints. and budgets
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Project.
Ashley Furniture is an equal opportunity employer and drug free working environment. While Ashley appreciates the interest of all candidates only those candidates meeting specific job requirements may be interested. Principals Only