The IT Project Manager oversees multiple projects to ensure that the desired results are achieved, the most efficient resources are used, and the different interests involved are satisfied.
Project managers ensure that the projects are completed on time and within budget, that the project's objectives are met and delivered. They work closely with senior IT and user management to ensure that the projects requirements and resources are effectively forecasted, prioritized, and met. They have thorough knowledge of hardware, software, data communications, and business applications areas. They also supervise teams who concentrate on specific technical or functional activities within defined project scope.
- Principal work is managing varied complex types of IT projects within a portfolio or program.
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects
- Ensure that multiple projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing the multiple project’s scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress of multiple projects
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in the multiple project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure the multiple project’s performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Establish and Manage the relationship with the client, stakeholders and third parties/vendors.
- Perform risk management to minimize the multiple project’s risks
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation on each of the projects
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
- 7 to 9 years in IT project management and project programs management.
- Proven working experience as project manager in the information technology sector
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience in information management, techniques, methods, and standards
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of collaboration tools ( Microsoft Office – Sharepoint )
- PMP Certification Preferred