To develop and manage project assignments through completion; to lead and direct project teams; to communicate results; to make recommendations to management; and to provide training.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies required resources; researches project data, procedures and history for a thorough understanding of project direction.
- Generates and analyzes statistical data reports.
- Develops, prepares and manages project plan through completion.
- Coordinates and facilitates project teams; assigns responsibilities to team participants.
- Communicates activity progress to involved parties.
- Resolves issues that arise involving client, when appropriate.
- Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings.
- Transitions program to management personnel.
- Participates in oral presentations.
- Develops and provides training to management and colleagues as needed.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supports the organization's quality program(s).
- Travels as required.
Education & Licensing
Bachelor's degree with major in Business Administration, Statistics, or Quantitative Analysis from an accredited college or university preferred. Computer Sciences courses preferred.
Ten (10) years of related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience required to include four (4) years project management, office operations management, managed care, insurance-related and/or statistical analysis experience. Supervisory experience preferred.
Skills & Knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of related field procedures or insurance-related procedures and/or managed care systems and operations
- Strong knowledge of project management
- Strong knowledge of statistical analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication, including presentation skills
- PC literate, including Microsoft Office products
- Leadership/management/motivational skills
- Analytical and interpretive skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to meet or exceed Performance Competencies