The Program Manager, IT is responsible for achieving successful implementation of multi-phased programs and managing all activities required to define, design, develop and deliver programs or solutions to business sponsors. Primary role involves providing direction to cross-functional program teams on multiple projects comprised of both Information Technology and Business Components. S/he must be savvy working with both technology and business partners across the organization in a collaborative way.
Reporting to the IT Program and Portfolio Lead, s/he will be accountable for ensuring resource commitments and program deliverables are met and communicated in a timely manner. Program issues and risks must be identified and tracked and plans to resolve these issues must be developed, actively managed and solutions executed.
- Manages cross functional program teams and senior stakeholders both within and outside of IT to influence positive program outcomes.
- Provides critical guidance to ensure overall quality of program planning and execution, while minimizing and mitigating program risks.
- Plan, schedule and track program timelines, resource plans, milestones, and deliverables using appropriate tools.
- Manages issues and risks requiring evaluation, exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and escalates to management, if needed.
- Manage program SharePoint and Teams sites and site permissions.
- Effectively communicate program expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Ensures programs are executed on time, under budget and meet pre-established goals and objectives that support the financial and business objectives within the organization.
- Collaborates with IT Leads and IT Business Partners to support the development of business cases, budget (financial and staffing needs) and project justification.
- Build, develop, and grow any IT, business, and vendor relationships vital to the success of the program.
- Provides guidance to the team and functional areas to anticipate and identify program issues, which pose a challenge to achieving program goals/strategies. Escalates to management for support, if needed.
- Implements plan to resolve such issues and executes corrective actions. Engage management for support, if needed.
- Communicate best practices and feedback on tools for program execution and management to support the maturity of the PMO and the Portfolio.
- Support and maintain PMO SharePoint and Teams sites content, as directed by management.
- Conduct program pre and postmortems and create a recommendations report to identify successful and unsuccessful program elements.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration, other related fields and/or equivalent experience.
- 8 years direct work experience in a program management capacity.
- Sound knowledge with program management software and collaboration tools, such as MS Project, Teams, and SharePoint.
- Strong working knowledge of managing programs within a GxP/regulated environment.
- Experience in change management, budget tracking and resolution, and resource allocation management.
- PMP Certification is a plus
- Life Sciences industry a plus
- Occasional travel to other sites and conferences