Sr IT Program Manager will have responsibility for managing moderate to complex cross-functional programs and initiatives at the direction of an IT Program Director. Primary responsibility is supporting program governance activities, including status reporting, budgeting, and planning. This individual owns aspects of large programs such as scope, schedule, budget, and change control working at the direction of Leadership. Additionally, Program Managers will manage and resolve issues, risks, change control, and any cross-program interdependencies. Additionally, they are responsible for understanding the overall solution set(s) and coordinating interdependent relationships across IT and business as required. Oftentimes, Program Managers are on point to manage and resolve any project escalations.
- Responsible for the delivery and success of assigned projects.
- Optimizes results within business and time constraints.
- Leads meetings with project team to assess status and resolves and escalates issues as they come up.
- Meets with IT and business management to determine solutions to business problems.
- Defines project scope and objectives.
- Develops preliminary project plan and design, determines necessary resources, and project timeline.
- Assign individual responsibilities and acts as a management resource for project team members.
- Reviews and tracks status of project and deliverables and provides project updates and ongoing cost analysis to IT and business line management.
- Conducts presentations regarding project status, issues, and risks.
- Networks and cultivates relationships across IT department and within immediate business area.
- Mentor team to improve their understanding and skill.
- Ensure adherence to project management processes and standards.
- Develop project cost estimates and manages budget throughout projects.
- Works on special assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field required. Advanced Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Requires a minimum of 8-12years of experience in information systems operations environment or related field or Master’s with 6-10 years of relevant experience.
- 5-7 years of project management experience and 1-2 years of Pharmacy Benefit Management and/or healthcareexperiencepreferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and MS Project, Windows and LANnetworks in a work environment or other PC base database tools.
- Experience with Crystal Reporting tool; Experience with relational databases and SQL (Teradata, DB2 and Oracle).
- Knowledge of and experience in Pharmacy Benefits Management and Healthcare industries preferred.
- Proven ability in leading large, complex enterprise projects to desired outcomes.
- Knowledge of and demonstrable experience in project situations requiring knowledge of scope, cost, and schedule management.
- Experience in client-facing or client-serving situations.
- Ability to build and strengthen relationships.
- Knowledge of managing budgets and financials.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with structured project management techniques.
- Advanced knowledge of and experience with software development methodology.
- Demonstrable analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to clearly and openly communicate status, issues/risks, and challenges presented to project, as well as ability to create clear and concise presentations.
- Ability to produce executive-level status reporting.
- Large group presentation and speaking experiencepreferred.
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule to accommodate business and some travel requirements.