Job Description & Qualifications
Coordinates and monitors the scheduling, pricing, and technical performance of company programs. Negotiates and prepares contracts by considering financial conditions, resources, and contractual requirements. Ensures adherence to master plans and schedules, develops solutions to program problems, and directs work of incumbents assigned to programs from various departments. Ensures projects are completed on time and within budget.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
- Manages medium-scale programs from planning to completion by facilitating meetings with project stakeholders. Develops, analyzes, and manages project plans, schedules, and resource forecasts. Manages project financials and provides input and justification for costs and budget impact. Monitors overall project performance against plan and makes adjustments as needed. Identifies and resolves issues. Assists in the request for information and vendor request for proposal processes as directed.
- Manages the work of program teams by assembling team resources to ensure the alignment of team member skills and strengths with project demands. Communicates a clear vision of project goals and objectives to the team. Coordinates team activities to ensure project milestones are achieved. Provides performance feedback to team members as needed.
- Manages, controls, and mitigates risks across interdependent projects by analyzing and identifying trigger events. Establishes contingency plans, anticipates and manages dependencies affected by ongoing changes across projects, and recommends ways to mitigate future risks. Influences leadership to take action on these recommendations.
- Ensures the alignment, buy-in, and support of diverse project stakeholders by building and maintaining relationships with internal customers, third party vendors, and business leadership. Works closely with program sponsors and/or reviews boards to help determine program goals. Influences the prioritization of deliverables and facilitates discussions necessary for program delivery.
- Adheres to enterprise program management practices by participating in formal and informal training sessions. Tracks and reports key metrics as appropriate. Gathers, maintains, and communicate lessons learned and feedback to project teams, leadership, and the larger project management community.
Nature and Scope
- Solutions require analysis and investigation.
- Achieves planned results by decisions and actions based on professional methods, business principles, and practical experience.
- Manages a group or team of professional individual contributors and/or indirectly supervises support staff.
- Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
- Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Education and Experience
- Typically requires BS/BA in a related discipline. Generally 7+ years of experience in a related field. May require certification. Advanced degree may offset less experience in some disciplines.
Preferred Qualifications & Job Specific Details
- Experience in supporting IT for IT efforts: Infrastructure, Security, Operations, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or a related field.
- 6 to 9 years of project management experience.
- 2 to 4 years of experience leading teams.
- 5+ years of experience in software or systems testing.
- 5+ years in software development.