IT Program Manager
Job Title: IT Program Manager - Direct Hire / Full Time / Perm
Job Location: Boston, MA
Job Type: Full Time / Perm / Direct Hire + Benefits
“US citizens and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to sponsor H1b candidates at this time.”
- The program manager is responsible for stewarding critical enterprise investments and driving the delivery of transformational change by providing leadership and direction to assigned programs.
- They will have experience in executing large, complex enterprise projects and programs in a cross-functional, matrix management environment.
- The Program Manager is well versed in program management methodology, has a rich background of program successes, is energetic and personable, and thrives in a dynamic environment.
- The Program Manager possesses the ability to find creative solutions to issues that jeopardize program goals or timing, within budget or resource constraints.
- The Program Manager is able to envision the “big picture” and interact with executive, business, and functional leadership to craft programs to materialize the business strategy.
- He or she leverages his or her expertise to drive decision making on all aspects of the program/project activities and mitigates erroneous decisions.
- Provide steady leadership in the face of uncertainty, change, and aggressive deadlines common to a growing company with an evolving business model.
- Leads cross-functional multi-disciplinary meetings and fosters teamwork resulting in positive outcomes; is the focal point for change management and escalation resolution
- Manage all aspects of a given program, from requirements gathering to implementation over the entire lifecycle of the program.
- Participate in program benefits identification.
- Ensure that the scope of the projects within the program align with business priorities. Manage relationship with key stakeholders and sponsor and escalate program risks to sponsors on a timely basis for decision resolution and disposition.
- Produces all relevant program management deliverables such as program objectives and requirements, risk assessments, program plans, program status reports, open issues logs, change logs, action items list etc.;
- Support and coach project managers within the program.
- Defines and coordinates the securing of commitments from cross-functional groups and external providers in terms of resources, cost, schedule, and performance
- Resolves any issues or conflicts resulting from any of the above interfaces and commitments
- Review program budget variance and scope change requests, and participate in the budget-resolution process.
- Address escalated cost issues with project manager, as needed
- Address escalated resourcing issues with project manager and resource manager, as needed
- Proactively set performance expectations and help project managers and subordinates manage expectations of delivery and requirements, yielding consistent results
- Utilizes company and industry program management best practices and adheres to the PMO process, standards, and governance
Skills and Qualifications:
- Proven ability to build and lead integrated teams from various internal and external organizations across multiple sites
- Adept at helping team members harness and develop strengths in pursuit of successful program outcomes
- Ability to achieve broadly communicated objectives with a minimal amount of supervision
- Ability to make decisions independently and to assume higher-level leadership responsibilities in critical situations
- Proven problem-solving, decision-making, and financial skills
- Effective consultative and influencing approach
- Proven ability to enact change quickly
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and proven ability to work effectively with all organizational levels
- Appropriate knowledge of Waterfall and Agile methodologies and proficiency in common project planning tools like MS Project
- Bachelor’s degreerequired; master’s degree desirable, or more than 12years of related experience in IT Project Management or IT leadership roles.
- PMP, Scrum Master and Six Sigma certifications desired – equivalent related experience and knowledge essential