Want to Build More Awesome? Verizon is looking for a Product Service Owner to enable our business to deliver value earlier. We’re looking for a Product Owner for the Engineering Practices organization, whose mission it is to scale learning in Agile, DevOps, Cloud, Security, API Management, Product Alignment across the enterprise through an immersive learning experience in ‘Dojos’. The Product Owner will be a leader with a strong customer orientation and ability to understand business and technical needs/trends and translate that information into a strategy that can be executed. The Product Owner will create and prioritize the product backlog to ensure our delivery is aligned with business objectives. In this role, you will work closely with technical staff and business leaders to transform the way Verizon works.
- Create and foster strong relationships with both business and technical partners
- Become an expert your respective product, as described above
- Elicit needs/wants (i.e. user stories/requirements) from business and engineering partners
- Translate needs/wants into a customer centric, consumable strategy
- Work with technical and business partners to define, and set the priority of user, stories. Ultimately ‘own’ the product backlog and its prioritization
- Work with the engineering and program management leads to set strategy, define and identify vendor products as applicable, and make the hard, high-judgment trade-offs between performance, features, and speed-to-market
- Engage in each stage of the Agile lifecycle – i.e. sprint planning sessions, execution of sprint, demos, retrospectives, etc.
- Understand seemingly disconnected ideas/issues well enough to create thoughtful, holistic solutions
- Communicate up, down and across the organization effectively
- Be an evangelist for DevOps and Agile
- Create/ Manage documentation using collaboration and project tools such as Crowd Around, Jira / Confluence, HipChat, etc.
- Execute any work associated with the team or program, ensuring that timelines and deadlines are effectively met
What we’re looking for...
You’ll need to have:
- Bachelor’s degree or six or more years of work experience
- Six or more years of relevant work experience
Even better if you have:
- Eight or more years of relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to influence organizational direction and departmental initiatives working with all leadership levels
- Used customer centric methods & approaches to design products and/or services
- For the Dojo Product Owner, Product Management/Product Discovery experience and L&D/Learning Model/ Adult Educationexperience are a plus
- Effective interpersonal and team building capabilities
- Willing to challenge the status quo, in the appropriate settings and providing compelling evidence
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, written, analytical and communication skills
- Experience in collaborating with a diverse set of stakeholders
- Ability to report to multiple stakeholders in a timely and effective manner through both meetings and presentations
- Demonstrated excellent problem solving skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and proven experience with Agile, DevOps, and Cloud (AWS, GCP, Azure) tools and methodology
- Experience in Software Development/Engineering practices
- Proven track record of leadership of product accomplishments including successful project launches
- Job # 455636