11298BROverall, you will manage the IT portfolio of all HR applications and engage with HR management and executives to refine it to maximize benefits at a sustainable ongoing cost. You will lead a team, focused on a HR, to deliver value through software solutions, whether developed in-house, developed externally, or using third-party software. You will be the primary point of contact for HR for any initiative which could require information technology resources or systems.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Participates in the development of a roadmap for each application or system within the business area systems portfolio and obtains buy-in from the business and appropriate IT representatives
- Regularly shares the roadmap with the business, product team, information technology leadership and others as appropriate
- May participate in business area meetings and committees in order to understand the business context surrounding eventual IT-related decisions
- Participates in innovation sessions when faced with new and/or significant business needs that involve IT but aren't met by the existing IT portfolio
- Interacts periodically with end users of software applications and not only with business management and executives
- Receives requests for work from the business and coordinates the product team's resources to perform that work
- Learns about the business' priorities of both IT-related activities and where those activities are in the business' overall list of priorities
- Manages the work of the product team, whether through task assignments, formal project management, Agile methods, or other suitable approaches
- Commits to the delivery of work products within a given scope and deadline and successfully meets those commitments
- Learns new skills and technologies as needed in order to support the current business needs of their IT portfolio
- Engages with other specialties, such as training and communications, as early as possible prior to needing their assistance in order to realize value from the product team's work
- Identifies current skills gaps within the product team and works with IT management to close those gaps
- Identifies current needs for consultants or vendors in order to meet business needs and works with IT management to evaluate, select, and work with them
- Follows IT department standards and processes related to design, documentation, coding, testing, implementation, etc., and regularly recommends improvements to them
- Follows safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects; participates in pre-task planning; reports any safety issues or concerns to management
- Other duties as required
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and eight to ten years' relevant experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of twelve years' relevant experience.
- Oracle E Business Suite experience strongly preferred
- Experience supporting IT projects
- Five years of applicable business or system development experience and two years of team lead or management experience.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.