Locations: Roswell, GA or Neenah, WI
The Product Information Management (PIM) Capability Lead is responsible for managing software solutions for product information to maximize their return on investment for Kimberly-Clark’s Consumer and B2B businesses. This individual will partner with Marketing, eCommerce and other business areas to develop the vision for the PIM as a business and technology capability that optimizes the online shopper/buyer experience and leads to increased traffic and conversion. Knowledge of eCommerce business practices is required. Specific experience in deploying and supporting PIM applications is desired; Kimberly-Clark currently uses Stibo’s STEP system for product information management.
This individual will serve as the product owner for PIM systems, overseeing their life cycle from idea through deployment, enhancement and ultimately retirement. These systems will be managed as a portfolio of software products, and the capability leader will own the monitoring and measurement of the profitability of each system over its life cycle to maximize the value of the overall solutions portfolio. Continuous improvement techniques will be used to improve ROI. Regular assessments will determine whether to continue investing in a technology or replace it.
For the individual software solutions, the person in this role will work closely across K-C’s global businesses to translate business requirements into systems capability. Negotiating across businesses, functions and geographies will be necessary to balance enterprise and local requirements. Once needs are understood, this individual will roadmap them into the software life cycle to deliver a continuous stream of value through iterative software releases. He or she must also understand and influence technology vendors’ feature roadmaps to maximize technology benefits for K-C.
Responsibilities for the incumbent include, but are not limited to:
- Drives the vision and direction of the PIM capabilities, using industry and technology trends, peer company learnings, consultant insights, etc.
- Delivers the technology strategy. This includes driving the process that identifies the technology components that we need to select and ensuring that all the pieces connect to ensure a cohesive technology strategy.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge product information management (ePIM) and provides expert advice, as required. Can supervise specialist technical consultancy. The specialism can be any aspect of information or technology, technique, method, product or application area. Measure and monitor market adoption, customer satisfaction and return on investment (revenue generation, labor savings, cost avoidance); drive continuous improvement
- Creates roadmap, governance model for the various *capability initiatives and implement best practices. Understands, explains and presents complex technical ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences at all levels up to the highest in a persuasive and convincing manner. Communicates the potential impact of emerging technologies on organizations and individuals and assesses the risks of using or not using such technologies
- Promotes healthy business interaction and support with IT building relationships with *capability operations, service providers, and support teams, both internal and external, that are necessary to ensure systems stability and maximize business value and operating efficiency. Partner with K-C’s data management teams to drive global data governance and quality
- Consultancy: Manages provision of the technology; provides advice and guidance influencing the effectiveness of the organization’s business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Marketing, Business, Computer Science); advanced degreepreferred
- 10+ years information technologyexperience, with 3+ years in software product management
- Demonstrated success launching PIM software products, experience should include Stibo’s STEP system
- Master data management practices and systems
- eCommerce business practice knowledge
- Global enterprise software deployment
- World class knowledge of PIM capabilities and systems
- Strategic thought leader, ability to inspire others to follow, proven ability to influence across businesses and geographies without formal authority
- Consulting experience from large consultant or technology company
- Experience developing strategy, roadmaps and governance process
- Business case development, cost/benefit analysis
- Short and long-term cost forecasting
- Software vendor and consultant engagement
- Guiding technical projects and teams
- Self-starter able to work in a fast paced, changing environment
- 10% global travel
- Ability to a create big-picture vision and the drive to make that vision a reality
- Ability to translate concepts and requirements across business and IT
- Strong interpersonal communication, negotiation, and presentation skills
- Comfortable with complexity, providing methods to simplify issues for others and take them to resolution
- Project management experience for projects exceeding $500,000 is preferred
- Global Marketing, Digital and eCommerce business leaders
- IT executives, business partners and development teams
- Consultants, system integrators and software vendors
Professional associations and speaking at major conferences
- Role will report to ITS Capability Lead, content production, marketing operations and design
- Role will influence a wide range of IT and business colleagues