o About Blue Shield of California: For more than 80 years, Blue Shield has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 7,500 employees, more than $21 billion in annual revenue and 4.5 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to the Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield is headquartered in Oakland, California with 21 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego.
o Our Benefits: At Blue Shield you can expect a comprehensive benefits program that offers choice and flexibility for our diverse workforce. These programs and resources include: Medical, Dental, and Vision plan benefits, 401(k) with employer match, paid time off (PTO), earned sabbatical time, paid nonprofit volunteer time, flexible work program, free online education, tuition reimbursement, a wellness reimbursement program, 12 weeks paid parental leave, and more.Description:
Blue Shield of California's mission is to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. We are transforming health care in a way that truly serves our nonprofit mission by lowering costs, improving quality, and enhancing the member and physician experience.
To fulfill our mission, we must ensure a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment where all employees can be their authentic selves and fully contribute to meet the needs of the multifaceted communities we serve. Our comprehensive approach to diversity, equity, and inclusion combines a focus on our people, processes, and systems with a deep commitment to promoting social justice and health equity through our products, business practices, and presence as a corporate citizen.
Blue Shield has received awards and recognition for being a certified Great Place to Work, best place to work for LGBTQ equality, leading disability employer, one of the best companies for women to advance, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we are striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - join us! Your Role
- Develops new product concepts, designs, and/or enhancements to existing product design that reflect business and user needs.
- Conducts research and develops strong understanding of the business needs, new technologies, technology trends and competitors.
- Works on advanced, complex technical product(s) and business issues requiring state of the art technical or industry knowledge.
- Invested in product process improvements, utilizing data and organizational strategies to foster and influence change.
- Serves as an advocate of product team to Senior Leadership.
- Develops business plan for products and participates in all phases of the product development lifecycle, including analysis, design, testing, and integration of products as well as the introduction of products to the organization.
- Builds business relationships and works on as well as provides a leadership role on cross-functional team to translate business needs and technology directions into product definitions.
- This position reports to the Sr. Director/IT Porfolio Lead for the Health Solutions Portfolio. Locations: Woodland Hills, El Dorado Hills, Rancho Cordova, Oakland
In this role, you will:
Qualifications: Your Knowledge and Experience
- Participates in the community of Practice and provides a leadership role through knowledge in specialization to influence and support the creation of a cross portfolio integrated roadmap.
- Conducts strategic planning and creates IT Product/ Services roadmap.
- Develops product documents and mockups to clearly illustrate product ideas and concepts.
- Represents IT Product and provides a leadership role during integrated planning / Program Increments (PIs) and sign up for release dates.
- Manages Lifecycle of IT product, from strategic planning to tactical activities, specifying requirements for current and future products.
- Manages product backlogs and coordinates to plan product release schedule ensuring successful delivery by IT product team.
- Plays a leadership role in driving collaboration with other IT Product teams to aid dependency management.
- Works to achieve operational targets with significant impact on the departmental results.
- Contributes to the development of goals for the department and planning efforts (budgets, operational plans, etc.).
- Influences the performance of the business unit or related functional areas in achieving Blue Shield of California's objectives.
- May manage complex products and components plus influence products and technology outside of immediate job area
- Work is performed with limited oversight.
- Responsible for making moderate to significant improvements of processes, systems or products to enhance performance of job area.
- Issues faced are numerous and undefined, and require detailed information gathering, analysis and investigation to understand the problem. Problems are difficult and moderately complex, typically impact multiple departments or specialties, and are usually solved through drawing from prior experience and analysis of issues.
- Develops new perspectives and innovative approaches on existing problems.
- Communicates with parties within and outside of own job function.
- Has responsibility for communicating with parties' external to the organization (e.g. customers, vendors, etc.).
- Works to influence parties within and outside of the job function at an operational level regarding policies, procedures and practices
- Generally, responsible for providing guidance, coaching and training to other employees within job area.
- Generally, responsible for managing major/complex products involving delegation of work and review of work products
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Working knowledge of Agile methodologies.
- Requires deep knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Typically, viewed as a specialist within discipline.
- May have broad knowledge of product management.
- Typically, requires a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and minimum 7 years of prior relevant experience.
- Honest. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical and integrity standards. We build trust by doing what we say we're going to do and by acknowledging and correcting where we fall short
- Human. We strive to be our authentic selves, listening and communicating effectively, and showing empathy towards others by walking in their shoes
- Courageous. We stand up for what we believe in and are committed to the hard work necessary to achieve our ambitious goals