IT Procurement Contracts Specialist
POSITION OBJECTIVES: Under the direction of the PMM Management, perform tasks involving the procurement of technology related products. These tasks include; liaison with internal IT stakeholders, external suppliers, and issuing finalized agreements to obtain technology related goods and services. This position requires the ability to work both autonomously and collaboratively, and requires knowledge of procurement, contracting, and information technology.
RESPONSIBILITIES/ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Reviews technology-related requisitions and solicitation documents to ensure clarity and completeness with acquiring IT products and services
· Prepares and issues various solicitation documents such as Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Information (RFIs), bids, and State Contracts to obtain IT related products and services
· Manages the solicitation and evaluation processes from inception to award
· Develops and executes solicitation and negotiation strategies designed to foster competition to achieve best pricing possible while meeting internal needs
· Analyzes proposals from firms for responsiveness, accuracy, and completeness
· Ensures that Authority procedures and regulations, and appropriate ethical business practices are followed
· Provides timely responses to internal and external inquiries
· Provides status updates and project documentation in a clear and timely manner, advising management of critical issues and providing suggested solutions
· Facilitates internal and external client meetings and mediating contract disputes
This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills or requirements for the job. Management reserves the right to require that other or different tasks to be performed as assigned.
RESPONSIBILITY FOR RELATIONSHIPS:
Establishes and maintains harmonious relationships while providing assistance to other departments, outside organizations, agencies and consultants to further the objectives of the Authority. Represents the Authority in a professional, confidential and courteous manner.
1. Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited College or University in Information Technology, Business Administration, or related fields
2. At least three (3) years of procurement, contract development, or project management experience. A minimum of five (5) years procurement, contract development, or project management experience may be substituted in lieu of a Bachelor’s Degree.
3. Experience with common technology agreement components such as software license or subscription agreements, service level agreements, and maintenance agreements
4. Knowledge of emerging trends in the IT software environment that impact business delivery
5. Experience in the reviewing and drafting of contracts, including key business components such as scopes of work and cost proposals, preferably in public/government procurement environment
6. Demonstrated written/oral communication skills
7. Proficient in MS Office, Word, Excel and with integrated financial accounting software systems (procurement modules) such as Oracle/PeopleSoft
8. Preferred, possession of professional certification designation such as Certified Professional Public Buyer (CPPB), Certified Public Purchasing Officer (CPPO), and/or Project Management Professional (PMP)