The Sr Staff IT Process and Program Specialist is responsible for working with IT Leadership to establish, develop and improve processes to increase IT operational performance. The incumbent will lead efforts and projects to continually improve processes, documentation, strategies, metrics, etc., to make IT more efficient and effective.
- Maintain quality service, organize programs and activities in accordance with the missions and goals of the IT organization .
- Recommend information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating IT organizational outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Utilizes a thorough understanding of the project lifecycle to prepare, lead, analyze and maintain detailed project work plans and schedules using project-planning tools.
- Develops and delivers reports to key stakeholders summarizing objectives, deliverables, status and metrics.
- Control, monitor, audit, measure, execute, design, and evaluate business process.
- Bring about innovation into IT processes with the aim of positively impacting the results obtainable from the business process.
- Map out existing and design new processes for the organization and continue towards solving process-related challenges that the organization may encounter.
- Recommends and participate in the analysis, evaluation and development of enterprise long-term strategic and operation plans to ensure that the IT objectives are consistent with long-term business objectives.
- Conducts and/or actively participates in meetings related to designated projects, with internal and external partners.
- Create the process roadmap for IT based on the organizations’ strategy, as well as to rectify gaps and pain points within the current state.
- Bachelors degree with 8+ years’ experience as a Process or Program Manager with increasing levels of responsibility, 8+ years’ experience with software applications, tools and processes used in Information Technology, and 3+ years’ experience using ITSM.
- Strong presentation, verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate complex ideas in easy to understand business terms to all levels of management including business analysts, technical resources, business and IT executive leadership.
- Excellent analytical ability to quickly gather facts, perform root cause analysis and draw conclusions in collaboration with project teams.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage multiple competing priorities with high attention to detail; requires creative problem solving, strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Strong background in project management, business analysis, process improvement, systems development life cycle.
- Ability to build on the vision of the IT organization.
- Master’s degree
- Six Sigma, PMP, PGMP, Agile, or CPIM Certified.
- Working knowledge of Lean techniques and principals.