About the Company
Since 1843, we've set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history of delivering the hardworking, innovative, powerful tools that help professionals around the world build, repair, and protect the world's most valuable things.
We are the leader in tools and security. We are Stanley Tools. We are DEWALT. We are Mac Tools. We are Porter-Cable. And we are much more. We are the doors that protect you at airports. We are the lock and deadbolt on your front door. We are the hydraulic breakers that rescue trapped earthquake survivors. We are the people on the phone in an emergency.
No matter where you live, what car you drive, what stores you shop at, or what building you work in, you can bet that we had a hand in making it work. And you can guarantee that we'll keep making it work.
The Portfolio Lead (PFL) is responsible for driving the portfolio management discipline in partnership with the Segment CIO. The PFL is accountable for developing a trusted advisor relationship with their assigned CIO, and serves as the principle interface between the Enterprise Shared Services Organization and the CIO Organizations. The PFL reinforces and facilitates sound practices for managing demand, costs, consumption, performance and workforce planning in addition to Project/Program Portfolio Governance.
- Partners with the CIO and drives annual roadmap planning and prioritization of Invest projects/programs in addition to the Run the Business submissions for Financial approval in accordance with established timeframes.
- Manage portfolio financials for both invest and run, which can exceed 50M.
- Ensure CIO portfolio is managed in accordance to the approved budget, forecast and variance guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting and analysis of aggregated portfolio health for the Service Owners/Application Owners/Function Owners/Domain Owners and respective CIO.
- Provides thought leadership and subject matter expertise in planning, prioritizing, forecasting, and budget management for the prescribed portfolio driving adoption to quarterly and annual planning windows.
- Develops and manages a Workforce Plan for their aligned portfolio, ensuring the Project Portfolio Management (PPM) tool reflects new and existing workforce needs.
- Understands resource demand based on in-flight as well as planned work, for all types of IT work (projects, enhancements, services, and production support).
- Partners with Service Owners/Application Owners/Function Owners/Domain Owners to proactively plan for resources to meet demand over a six-month outlook.
- Drives change controls, portfolio governance and tollgate processes, to ensure programs/projects are appropriately resourced, planned, and executed/delivered.
- Balances CIO and business demands while driving consistent Global IT processes/outcomes and optimizing IT spend.
- Mergers and Acquisition portfolio support provided as needed.
Required Skills & Experience
- Knowledge and experience in financial forecasting and budget analysis.
- Knowledge and experience in resource forecasting and capacity planning.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely to executive leadership and program/project managers.
- Must possess an aptitude for translating complex, technical subjects into clear, business-oriented communications.
- Ideally working knowledge of an enterprise PPM tool (e.g., MSPS, Clarity, HP PPM).
- Experience using Excel pivots and formulas.
- Strong business acumen.
- Ability to work across diverse organizations and build effective relationships/partnerships.
- Ability to deliver results via influencing IT leadership (CIO and Leadership Team) by articulating facts regarding planning and execution/delivery that result in improved outcomes.
- Conducts solid stakeholder and risk analysis on key issues.
- Weighs alternatives and considers service, business and financial implications of decisions.
- Monitors budgets and operational effectiveness; develops strategies for adjusted courses of action.
- Flexibility to adjust portfolio management activities in support of the business needs.
- Removes barrier to change.
- Accomplishes results through influencing other team members and/or leaders.
- Acts as an advisor to others.
- Provides guidance, constructive input and motivation to less experienced team members.
- Work is guided by long-term objectives.
- Translates business plans into objectives for the assigned portfolio.
- Exercises latitude in managing operations.
- Initiates new or revised procedures, programs, and initiatives.
- Aligns operational plan with functional strategy and approach.
- May influence and/or develop broad programs and initiatives.
- 5+ years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Ideally experience leading IT programs/projects (initiating, planning, executing, controlling, and closing the work of a team to achieve specific goals and meet specific success criteria, including all aspects of financial and resource management)
- Experience in Financial Analysis is also welcome
- Undergraduate degree and 6-8 years relevant experience, or
- Graduate degree and 4 - 6 years relevant experience.
EEO Statement: All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, veteran's status, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by law
US - Global IT
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran's status or any other protected characteristic.