IT PMO Portfolio Analyst
Less than 5 years experience • Retail / Diversified
BJ's Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 15 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Reporting to the Director, IT Program Management Office (IT-PMO), this role will help drive and advance proactive demand management and resource planning activities to support the IT portfolio and other mission critical activities for the IT Division.
The role will work directly with resource managers and project managers to ensure resources are optimally allocated to support the IT portfolio, identify capacity and capability gaps, and support development and delivery of metrics needed to drive resource decisions impacting the portfolio.
The IT-PMO Portfolio Analyst will monitor actuals vs plans for individual projects and report on corresponding health and risks. The role develops and delivers reports that provide meaningful information about demand and resourcing trends and executes “forward planning” and analysis activities to stay ahead of current and forecasted demand.
This role will contribute to and help drive the IT resource and demand management strategies across the organization.
Prior experience with workforce planning, resource demand planning, resource capacity and trend analysis, data management and governance activities, and information reporting are required
Responsibilities and duties that are associated with the IT-PMO Analyst (Demand Management / Resource Planning) job include but are not limited to the following:
- Obtain, integrate, and manage demand and capacity information that is critical for maintenance of the IT portfolio
- Work with resource owners to develop, refine, and maintain accurate workload allocation thresholds
- Work with stakeholders to develop project level resource planning recommendations
- Proactively identify and report on anticipated resourcing gaps along with proposed mitigation strategies
- Develop, manage, and communicate key information reports for stakeholders at all levels of the organization
- Maintain, analyze, and report on IT and Shared Services resource planning models
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree or foreign equivalent
- 1-3 years' experience involving demand management and resource planning
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data
- Experience in data analytics; specifically, in compiling data and building reports/dashboards
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite (Excel power user is a must) and SharePoint
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Meeting facilitation and presentation skills
- Collaborator and team player, with the ability to build and maintain strong internal and external relationships
- Communication skills (both verbal and written) are key
- Project Portfolio Management experience preferred
- Ability to work on a multitude of concurrent assignments