The IT Oracle DBA is a mid to senior level position within the Information Technology Applications Department. The position will provide advanced level support, configuration, and administration of CW Oracle database environment. The ability to communicate with and support various internal customers is critical to the success of this position. As a part of the Retail Systems team, this position will also be required to participate in support activities - including after hours on-call and system monitoring.
- Monitoring database performance and managing parameters to provide fast query responses to front-end users
- Assist in the resolution of complex problems in support of production; including 24/7 on call DBA support on a rotating basis.
- Creating user accounts and controlling access permissions and privileges at the UNIX and Database level.
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans. Includes planned/scheduled backups and on demand backups. Working with EMC SAN System Admin, ensure that storage, archiving, back-up and recovery procedures are functioning correctly.
- Analyze and sustain capacity and performance requirements; including understanding of AIX Unix & Linux Operating systems, kernel parameters, memory partitioning, OS command line, processes affecting performance. Analyze and tune database for optimal efficiency.
- Proactively monitor systems and platforms for availability and database errors, deadlocks, tablespace usage, etc.
- Patch Management, including monitoring the current system patch level, identifying and installing new patches, testing and promoting patches to other instances as identified in the instance management document per the patching strategy.
- Perform cloning from source to target instances on EBS applications and database and non-EBS databases.
- Schedule and Communicate system downtimes, patching, cloning schedules with Oracle and IT application teams.
- Build database schema, tables, indexes, procedures and permissions. Creating grants, synonyms, sequences as required for application and development teams for custom schemas and interfaces.
- Thorough understanding of APPS tech architecture.
- Interface with Oracle Corporation for technical support using MOS and able to manage SR escalation if required. Generating Trace files, Explain Plan to support issues and as needed by Oracle Support.
- 5+ years of experience in providing Oracle DBA support, systems analysis, solution design, and deployment using Oracle ERP applications
- Understanding of Oracle database environment including: development tools and practices, troubleshooting, data management, database design techniques and performance tuning.
- Demonstrated experience in working on root cause analysis for Oracle database issues.
- Complete understanding and proven history of having successfully installed, configured, tested, and upgraded Oracle non-EBS databases and also in the Oracle EBS applications as related to interoperability research and patches required.
- Experience in R12 is required. Experience with Oracle 12c databases also highly desired.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, including ability to use Microsoft Office desktop tools (Outlook, Excel, Word)
- Strong interpersonal skills – including the use of written, electronic, and oral communication.
- Sound reasoning, analytical, and problem solving aptitude; Detail oriented
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- B.S Degree, preferably in Information Systems or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Desired Skills / Experience
- Experience participating in, with preference toward lead roles, in at least R12 upgrade / reimplementation
- Working with non-EBS Oracle databases, particularly with 12c.
- Experience with implementing and using Oracle Enterprise Manager highly desired
- Working knowledge of RMAN and automated back-up procedures