The IT Operations Technician 2 (NetworkSecurity) role is part of the CenturyLink Global Operations Center Organization specializing in Data Center Network, Firewall and Application Distribution. Responsibilities include design, standards validation, technical documentation, training, troubleshooting and problem resolution.
- Achieve Time to Repair Targets
- Increase Client Loyalty
- Monitor the NetCool browser to provide proactive support for our clients and infrastructure.
- Orchestrating clients changes and calls and communicating a schedule to the team.
- Work independently and or engage team members
- Perform hands-on configuration and troubleshooting of networking and networksecurity components
- Respond swiftly within committed SLA time to onsite networktroubleshooting requests issued
- Perform daily network health check monitoring and routine network preventive maintenance
- Creation and initial analysis of problem records to reduce incidents and improve quality of service
- Foundational understanding of core network concepts such as the OSI model.
- Conceptual understanding on internetworking technologies likes VLAN, STP, and Routing Protocol (BGP, IGRP, EIGRP, and OSPF)
- Strong customer service skills.
- Must have excellent teambuilding and communication skills.
- Strong inter-personal, communication and organizational skills
- Motivated to contribute and do what it takes to get things done
Education or Equivalent Experience:
- Minimum 1 year IT experience working with customers.
- 5yearsexperiencein an IT environment
Four years college degree or equivalent experience
Alternate Location:US-Missouri-Town And Country