The IT Operations Site Lead position is a key role in one of the largest North American manufacturing facilities at Crane ChemPharma & Energy. This role will lead all aspects of IT operations, infrastructure, and business systems support for Cincinnati and is a key member of the CP&E global IT team. This position will partner with local site leadership to drive transformational initiatives, ensure high availability of business critical systems, maintain best-in-class day to day operations that meet or exceed IT policy, security, and compliance best practices, as well as drive innovation through a relentless focus on continuous improvement aided by technology solutions. The role will also have significant exposure to other functions in IT as well as Crane’s Corporate and Cybersecurity teams
Principle Duties (includes, but is not limited to):
- Drive operational excellence related to IT Infrastructure & Networking by developing system health monitoring scorecards, visual management dashboards, and defining key performance indicators to be reviewed during daily site flash meetings
- Systemic administration and remediation of IT issues at the site with a relentless focus on customer service, SLAs and business continuity
- Accountable for IT Compliance (SOX controls, Infrastructure and ERP) at the site including monthly audits, reports, account management, etc.)
- Responsible for identifying, escalating and remediating IT Security vulnerabilities at the site as well as partnering with Crane corporate and site leadership to administer regular personnel training and awareness sessions
- Be trusted advisor to the site leadership team and recommend solutions that are in alignment with Crane’s global IT standards.
- Maintain software licensing compliance by ensuring that all software utilized by the site is organized and current. This is achieved with monthly audits in collaboration with the global IT team.
- IT disaster recovery, backup, and contingency planning and testing to avoid unplanned downtime This is achieved with daily/weekly monitoring of critical fileserver and system backups and semi-annual testing of said backup protocols as well as data verification.
- Accountable for IT project execution at the site by using structured waterfall/agile management methodology and working with cross-functional business teams.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining robust processes and tools for secure asset management
- Drive lean process improvement in collaboration with cross functional teams to increase efficiencies within the IT Department and achieve organization goals
- Demonstrates strong verbal and written communication skills and a sense of urgency while resolving IT issues with associates at different levels within the organization
- Develop detailed project requirements and specifications by identifying project milestones, resources and budget and drive improvements through to completion.
- Prepares and presents detailed reports to executive management related to the backlog of enhancements and the progress of identified improvements.
- Participates in daily operations meetings (Flash) as the primary IT Contact and actively engages to better understand business challenges and Voice of the Customer
- Adopt a “Go to Gemba” mindset to observe and understand how the work happens
- Develop standard work documentation for IT processes and controls
- Follows ITIL processes for support, helpdesk, and administration
- Systematically work with business users to track helpdesk tickets in Jira or equivalent software
- Other Duties as assigned.
Essential Qualifications / Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Technology, or other related technical field.
- 3+ Years experience working in the IT Operations or Infrastructure Field, with a focus in systems administration and/or site support
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure including Windows, Linux, Networking, Voice, and Storage
- Proficient in IT Security and Risk Compliance
- Proficient or familiarity with ITILS fundamentals
- Proven experience in Project Management overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software and hardware solutions, systems, or products.
- Experience analyzing information and developing / documenting requirements
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly (i.e. Non-IT speak) language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with demonstrated business partner influence
- Ability to thrive in a highly matrixed organization where boundaries are sometimes unclear. Working well across teams, functions and organizations.
- Ability to travel up to 25% i.e. 1 week in a month or as needed to support the North America regional IT needs
- Project Management Certification (PMP, PRINCE etc.)
- Linux Certification (RHCE)
- AS400 Administration
- Technical Certification
- Process & Change Management expertise
- Financial and Manufacturing process knowledge
- Lean Manufacturing principles
- General programming and script development experience (PowerShell, Python) – to automate repetitive tasks
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills or equivalent database programming knowledge (SQL, PL/SQL, MS Access, etc.)
- 6+ years of overall experience
- Track record of driving incremental change via process and/or IT tools
- Ability to translate technical IT terminology into simple business speak
- Integrity and ethical qualities of the highest standard and comfort in raising awareness to concerns up the leadership chain of command
- Self-starter with desire to foster a sense of urgency when addressing customer and business concerns
- Demonstrated commitment to continuous improvement and employee productivity
- Must demonstrate strong analytical and problem solving thought process
- The ideal candidate will have the interest and aptitude for continued professional growth. He/She will possess the competencies and aspirations to progress in functions and levels beyond IT operations site leadership
Opportunities at CRANE:
· Personal development – Work with other high-energy individuals and technical experts in a cross-functional, results focused environment
· Technical development – Opportunity to refresh, refine, or enhance technical skills with certifications or classroom courses
Career advancement – Natural candidate for regional operations lead, business systems analyst, or project manager track