IT Operations, the operational break-fix hub, provides support to Milliman’s Practice IT administrators. This position works with peers to support the transition of key initiatives and projects to maintainable and reliable services. This position works with the US and India -based IT Operations’ teams, motivates all to deliver exceptional customer service, and ensures consistent and quality day-to-day service hand-offs of issues and incidents in a geographically dispersed enterprise. This position leads the team in scripting tasks, creating self-service items, and constantly improving the way operational work is done. This position also provides mentorship, coaching and collaborative partnership with any team member to share or enhance operational duties and awareness. The IT Operations Services Lead is Seattle-based and reports to the Manger of Infrastructure and Operations. Duties may change or be assigned in collaboration with the Manager of Infrastructure and Operations.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides oversight, supervision and technical leadership for day-to-day duties as defined including working across time zones.
- Is accountable for all activities related to providing support for corporate systems and Practice IT administrators.
- Serves as the technical lead for select projects.
- Realizes opportunities to improve escalation procedures to maintain or exceed service levels creating or using defined metrics.
- Ensures quality customer service outcomes by studying, evaluating, and re-designing processes; establishing and communicating service metrics; monitoring systems; and analyzing results from surveys and customer feedback.
- Collaborates with the Manager to define a vision which leads to extensive scripting and automating of tasks, self-service for other IT teams and users, and improving service levels, the operational administration of systems and processes supported.
- Increases technical and professional expertise by attending educational workshops, reviewing publications, establishing personal networks, and participating as part of a greater team.
- A degree in Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Five years of increasing technical responsibility for Microsoft Technologies, certifications a plus.
- Three years experience in a technical supervisory position, including hiring, directing and reviewing subordinate work.
- Must have superb customer service and communication skills.
- Reliable self-starter, motivated and assertive in an ever-changing environment.
- Experience using an Agile project methodology in an IT operations environment.
- Three years of proven experience with Microsoft AD, Azure AD, Windows servers and workstations, Exchange, M365 administration, and PowerShell scripting.
- Three years of automated virtual machines management.
- Three years of experience with networks and internetworking, Aruba, Arista, Juniper preferred.