As the IT Operations Manager for Supply Chain your will be accountable for delivering stable IT Services within the larger Enterprise Business Solutions organization. You will work directly for the IT Director of Operations, EBS and work closely with Solution Managers, IT architects and Business stakeholders.
The IT Operations position is an exciting and critical role within IT to support valuable aspects of the larger Supply Chain at Micron. It includes supporting the weekly Supply Chain Planning, Sales Order Confirmation, and Interfaces. A majority of the Service is provisioned via SAP but also contains in house developed solutions.
The position entails building strong relationships with Service Providers who will execute your vision around IT Operations. The team is comprised of both on-shore and off-shore resources. The right candidate has strong interpersonal skills, the ability to influence direction across dotted line reports and a commitment to customer service. Also, a willingness to adapt as we take on transforming to an Agile methodology and practicing DevOps concepts to speed delivery to users.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Collaborate with business stakeholders and worldwide peers to define and negotiate SLAs and OLAs for the service.
- Ensure that the worldwide performance of the service meets the SLA and OLA requirements.
- Drive process improvements and Service Improvement Plans (SIP) based on service priorities in alignment with the service strategy.
- Manage vendors, contracts, and maintenance agreements.
- Hold service providers accountable for effective operational performance and develop with them a culture of continuous improvement.
- Leverage monitoring tools, working with your worldwide peers to ensure alerts, thresholds and alarms are continuously reviewed to ensure response.
- Leverage the Problem Management process, working with others to prioritize and manage the investigation of the root cause of problems.
- Ensure that Disaster Recovery (DR) plans are reviewed to schedule and participate in DR plan testing.
- Assist and/or coordinate release and deployment activities including communication of changes to the customers, leveraging established communication channels and worldwide peers.
- Coordinate Early Life Support (ELS) for change.
- Manage the costs for your service by understanding the chargeback methodology for your service(s), collaborating with site peers on annual and quarterly budgeting cycles, and preventing budget surprises with your site peers.
- Participate in thefinancial process for the service and ensure that thebudget is managed
Information Technologydegree, Business degree, or equivalent work experience.
ITIL Foundation Certification is a plus.
5+ years of experience in IT
Experience with SAP specifically in Supply Chain a plus
We recruit, hire, train, promote, discipline and provide other conditions of employment without regard to a person's race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, veteran’s status, or other classifications protected under law. This includes providing reasonable accommodation for team members' disabilities or religious beliefs and practices.
Each manager, supervisor and team member is responsible for carrying out this policy. The EEO Administrator in Human Resources is responsible for administration of this policy. The administrator will monitor compliance and is available to answer any questions on EEO matters.