Systems Integration and Development, Inc. (SID), an IT solutions provider located in Rockville, MD, is currently seeking exceptional candidates for an IT Operations Manager position to work in support of our Federal Government client located in Silver Spring, MD.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Oversees and directs the day-to-day activities of technical contract staff, ensuring that systems, services, and infrastructure work reliably and securely at all times.
- Maintains a professional IT infrastructure (data center, LAN/WAN, Telecom) operation.
- Maintains a professional Tier 1/2 Service Desk
- Establishes an operations schedule that ensures the full efficient and consistent operation of IT services.
- Ensures operations are adequately staffed with skilled personnel.
- Ensures all required processes, procedures, and documentation are in place and enforced.
- Ensure all infrastructure and service desk processes and procedures are compliant with ITIL.
- Provides guidance and leadership to staff, directly supports end users by handling escalations, resolving user issues, and monitoring the performance of business-critical systems to prevent delays and outages and quickly resolve ongoing issues.
- 10+ years of IT experience at least 4 of which are in infrastructure operations management
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or equivalent
- Active technical certifications relevant to the technologies under management. At a minimum must possess at least two of the following:
- Cisco - CCNP (or higher) in Data Center, Cloud, Routing & Switching or Security
- Microsoft – Azure Security Engineer Associate, Azure Data Center Engineer Associate, Azure Fundamentals, Azure Solutions Architect Expert, Azure DevOps Engineer Expert, Azure Administrator Associate, MCSE Core Infrastructure, MCSE Productivity, MCSA Windows Server 2016
- ITIL Practitioner (or higher)
- Experience with IT in a Federal environment