IT Operations Manager
Cloud Lake Technology, LLC, an Akima Company, is an industry leading Technology and Mission Services provider, delivering experience-driven and cost-optimized solutions for complex business problems for our customers across the federal, commercial and public sector markets. We are seeking candidates with relevant IT security subject matter expertise, high aptitude, drive for excellence, and zeal for service, who wish to grow with one of the fastest growing companies in the industry.is an industry leading Technology and Mission Services provider, delivering experience-driven and cost-optimized solutions for complex business problems for our customers across the federal, commercial and public sector markets. We are seeking candidates with relevant IT security subject matter expertise, high aptitude, drive for excellence, and zeal for service, who wish to grow with one of the fastest growing companies in the industry.
Cloud Lake has a fantastic opportunity for an IT Operations Manager to join a dynamic team in Chantilly, VA to help further the mission of a federal law enforcement program. This five-person team works in a space dedicated to this project and maintains all aspects of the IT equipment there. This is the only position on the team dedicated to Information Security. Each team member works in multipleroles during the workweek including Systems Administrator tasks such as building servers or performing upgrades to the special built project workstations.
- Lead and monitor specific tasks by other team members and report directly tothe COR.
- Provide technical direction for system development, system performance and maintenance that is focused towards information and telecommunications systems used daily.
- Involved in managing variety of projects (system/software upgrades and more), maintaining security environments, documentation, and working closely withthe customer through proper communication.
- Provide supervision and guidance to systems, network, and security as well as data analysts.
- Assign and review the work of subordinates. The IT Operations Manager shall document all concepts of operation, test procedures, maintenance goals and procedures and audit all logs daily to ensure they meet specified requirements. Provide the configuration control guidelines for digital IT/Communication systems. The IT Operations Manager shall have direct supervisory responsibility for technical personnel and project monitoring with little guidance from management.
- Provide network, server, and security and project management services.
- Direct supervisory responsibility for technical personnel of up to 5 to 6 resources and project monitoring with little guidance from management. This includes the responsibility for diagnosis of network faults, system performance problems and the statistical review of problems over time to map problematic trends.
- An Active DoD secret clearance and ability to obtain top secret.
- Four (4) year (Bachelor) degree or 10 years' experience in IT field is required.
- At least five (5) years of specialized experience as manager involving analysis, design, redesign, development, testing, documentation, and installation of complex digital systems. This experience shall be with systems such as information storage and retrieval, information interchange and analog/ digital communication recording.
- Formal training in computers, networking and computer systems.
- Assist in the development and manages the implementation, training and auditing of security policies and procedures which safeguard the integrity of and access to enterprise systems.
- Maintain knowledge of changing security technologies and requirements as well as network and server best practices.
- Hands on experience in supporting backend support environment involving Windows, VMware (virtualized), databases, networks and related systems.
- Experience in the use and configuration of spreadsheets, word processors, and system monitoring tools.
- At least one of the following certifications is required:
- Project Management Professional (PMP), Certified Authorization Professional (CAP), CompTIA Security , Certified Information System Security Processional (CISSP), Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or CompTIA Network .
- Understanding of Computer Operating Systems; Windows Server 2008 , Windows 10 and Unix. The knowledge of computer languages, utilities, machines, and access methods shall be demonstrated in past experience.
- Hands on experience in using Big Fix, Splunk, Digital Guardian, Tenable Security Center and similar tools.
- Past experience with fault tolerant or high availability database architecture shall be shown by the resume of the IT Operations Manager candidate.
- Shall have been a technical advisor/participant in a least one project that involved multiple client/server systems that required direct coordination of design, development, installation, implementation and management phases of a LAN/WAN that supported at least fifty (50) clients, fifty (50) users and four (4) servers.
- Three (3) years' total experience as a web designer, database administrator, system administrator or an official that was responsible for IT resources requiring specialized training pertinent to a role that they will fulfill in this position.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- A degree in Computer Science or IT related field is preferred.
- Past experience where knowledge, skills, and abilities were used to resolve specific complex issues within a technical environment. Examples of which would include troubleshooting problems and system failures, and also isolating problems between hardware, software, and applications.
- Show how qualifications will support technical integrity of a system and the ability to supervise users and other ADP/IT personnel along with oversight over a complete system that includes multiple servers, RAID technology, Storage Area Network Devices (SAN), Virtual Machines, blade enclosures and jukeboxes for data storage.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Three (3) years' experience in network management, system management, implementation and configuration of domains, DHCP services, and other network related responsibilities.